Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,328,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by welby1205 View Post
What I'm trying to figure out is how are we supposed to come up with the difference? It's not like we have 16k laying around.
Come up with it like anyone else. There's no magic formula here for you to get bailed out of this situation. You made the commitment, and you're on the hook for it. When the housing market crashed in '08 I had to bring $9k to closing to sell a house. It was a pain, but I did it. Coming on here and telling us how you already feel bad about it isn't doing you any good. What I would do is live there for a few more years, because the initial depreciation is the worst of it. Pay a little extra on your mortgage over these next few years, and then you may be able to break even on it. For now you're stuck unless you want to be sued. That's your option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 07:24 AM

194 posts, read 237,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Come up with it like anyone else. There's no magic formula here for you to get bailed out of this situation. You made the commitment, and you're on the hook for it. When the housing market crashed in '08 I had to bring $9k to closing to sell a house. It was a pain, but I did it. Coming on here and telling us how you already feel bad about it isn't doing you any good. What I would do is live there for a few more years, because the initial depreciation is the worst of it. Pay a little extra on your mortgage over these next few years, and then you may be able to break even on it. For now you're stuck unless you want to be sued. That's your option.
I only said I felt bad when I was told I needed to research it, well it's a little late for that and that's not doing me any good now.

I also didn't think there was a magical solution. Was looking for people who have either been in the situation, or could give some advice. That is all.

Thanks everyone.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:16 AM

1,794 posts, read 4,912,139 times
welby,
Go out and buy yourself a piece of land you can put the home on.
Seriously, that is what I would do. It will be out a ways, but there are pretty
parcels within 45 minutes of where you live probably, where you can stick your home there,
have your yard, and when you are ready in the future, you can also build a stick house.
Call a realtor and ask about land sales where you can put a mobile on it.
I bet you are going to be surprised, then you buy the land.
Some lots already come with utilities hooked up for you.
You have nothing to loose at this point.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
welby,
Go out and buy yourself a piece of land you can put the home on.
Seriously, that is what I would do. It will be out a ways, but there are pretty
parcels within 45 minutes of where you live probably, where you can stick your home there,
have your yard, and when you are ready in the future, you can also build a stick house.
Call a realtor and ask about land sales where you can put a mobile on it.
I bet you are going to be surprised, then you buy the land.
Some lots already come with utilities hooked up for you.
You have nothing to loose at this point.
Thank you, already tried that. Our mortgage company doesn't allow us to move it. So we would need to get a lender to take over that mortgage, and finance us to get the land ready. The 2 acres we were looking at already had utilities and septic. They just don't do these types of loans anymore. Believe me, it's the original thing we wanted to do when we bought it, figured we could just move it. We've hit brick walls everywhere we turn.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:46 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,750,660 times
Quote:
It's 3 years old, all drywall. We owe 51,000. We have already listed it, but throwing commission on there doesn't help. Telling me I should have researched isn't really helping me. I realize that now, already feel terrible, don't need to be made to feel worse. We don't have to put anything into it because it's so new. Yes, it being in a park sucks, but at least the community it is in is nice. Was just looking for some advice. Thanks.
What do you mean you owe $1000? You only owe $1000? Or the lot rent is $1K a month? if so then you are probably in a hot market area.

Just stay there for now, you should still have 7 good years where you can still sell it and the new buyer will be able to finance it. Try for sale by owner too. List it on Craigslist to try to get some interest. Put in all the benefits as to how many people can live there or if they can get roommates, etc. Seems like an all age park which is good. If home prices are high in your area it could be easier for you to sell.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
What do you mean you owe $1000? You only owe $1000? Or the lot rent is $1K a month? if so then you are probably in a hot market area.

Just stay there for now, you should still have 7 good years where you can still sell it and the new buyer will be able to finance it. Try for sale by owner too. List it on Craigslist to try to get some interest. Put in all the benefits as to how many people can live there or if they can get roommates, etc. Seems like an all age park which is good. If home prices are high in your area it could be easier for you to sell.
I never said 1000, believe me if that were the number I typed I wouldn't have made this post.

It's 51,000 That's fifty one thousand.

Yeah, home prices around here are astronomical, and everyone wants this school district, doesn't seem to make a difference though in this situation.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:22 AM

15,574 posts, read 40,417,480 times
I feel bad for you. Did you buy the mobile from the park or from the manufacturer?

Old 08-04-2015, 09:37 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,750,660 times
Quote:
I never said 1000, believe me if that were the number I typed I wouldn't have made this post.

It's 51,000 That's fifty one thousand.

Yeah, home prices around here are astronomical, and everyone wants this school district, doesn't seem to make a difference though in this situation.
okay, I thought the 5 was a $.

Use the positives to your advantage. Market it as a good school district and a cheaper option than buying a home and maybe you will get some interest. It might be attractive to a large family who wants a cheap place to live. You liked it so hustle and list it and try to find the type of buyer that you were. If you can break even it's a win.

how much is the lot rent and what state or area is it in if you don't mind saying.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I feel bad for you. Did you buy the mobile from the park or from the manufacturer?
from the park.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
okay, I thought the 5 was a $.

Use the positives to your advantage. Market it as a good school district and a cheaper option than buying a home and maybe you will get some interest. It might be attractive to a large family who wants a cheap place to live. You liked it so hustle and list it and try to find the type of buyer that you were. If you can break even it's a win.

how much is the lot rent and what state or area is it in if you don't mind saying.
I'll do ya better and post the listing! We did just take it off the market, but it's still online.

We are actually thinking of borrowing against our 401k to make the difference, sucks, but it may be the answer. Not sure.

3522 Millstone Ct, Caledonia, MI 49316 is For Sale | Zillow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs