Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM

948 posts, read 3,357,210 times

Advertisements

Got an accepted offer in on a ss that was scheduled for foreclosure tomorrow. We've been waiting for the banks to psuh the date back to allow for closing. As of Thursday night 6p.m. est. we've heard JACK. So, my question is in two-parts: 1.) Is it likely that the banks (there are two involved) will let the sale go through and extend the foreclosure date? We originially put the offer in on this house in October. Waited forever to get a response and finally heard back this month where we countered and reached an agreeable price. BUT...

If it does go to foreclosure, and we need to go to the courthouse tomorrow to try and buy it, how much money/check is needed? What other paperwork is necessary to buy a foreclosure??

Thanks a ton,
Skater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM

15,579 posts, read 40,446,371 times
In Oregon you have to have cash for the full amount. Cashier's checks. They check your check at the auction to make sure you have enough to bid. No money, no bidding. We do trustee's sales out here. Judicial foreclosures are rare out here.

You would need to know what type of foreclosure practice they have in your state.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:23 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,049 times
They'll most likely extend the contract and pull the foreclosure off the steps.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,898,986 times
Exactly. If they have a deal on the table they are looking at and accepted, they will cancel the auction date. Did you look on the county records to see if it is scheduled?
Here you have to have a cashiers check for the full amount at auction also.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:32 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
What is the location of this sale?

How did the title search go?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,941,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl View Post
Got an accepted offer in on a ss that was scheduled for foreclosure tomorrow. We've been waiting for the banks to psuh the date back to allow for closing. As of Thursday night 6p.m. est. we've heard JACK. So, my question is in two-parts: 1.) Is it likely that the banks (there are two involved) will let the sale go through and extend the foreclosure date? We originially put the offer in on this house in October. Waited forever to get a response and finally heard back this month where we countered and reached an agreeable price. BUT...

If it does go to foreclosure, and we need to go to the courthouse tomorrow to try and buy it, how much money/check is needed? What other paperwork is necessary to buy a foreclosure??

Thanks a ton,
Skater
Each state has it's own laws & rules, so...
In NJ, the lawyers would contact the Sheriff tonight or tomorrow morning, and the auction would be at least postponed, and maybe cancelled if the sale is a sure thing.
Also in NJ, to purchase at auction, the purchaser will pay 20% of the purchase price at the end of the sale and sign acknowledgement of purchase. The 20% must be in cash, certified check, cashiers check, treasurer's check or money order. The remainder must be paid within 30 days, at which time the deed will be turned over to the buyer.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 AM

Default more

In Va, and title came up clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
What is the location of this sale?

How did the title search go?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:22 AM

Default Wouldn't you think that

they would let us know? I'm calling the county deeds clerk to look this up. Can't find it online.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl View Post
they would let us know? I'm calling the county deeds clerk to look this up. Can't find it online.
I can't attest to accuracy, but if you scroll to the bottom of the page, Virginia Foreclosure Process is discussed:
Foreclosure - Process Summary (http://msplaw.com/practice_areas_foreclosure_process_summary.asp - broken link)

Old 01-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Default Follow up on topic

The original question is at the top of the post.

I still don't know if the house we have a bank accepted offer on went to auction last week. The county offices were closed Friday--D.C. area here--the scheduled day of auction. I had to wait till today to call and they told me they would only have notice when the house is sold after the auction--through transfer of deed. So, I haven't found out if the house did go through foreclosure.

My realtor and the seller's realtor say they don't know who to contact to find out anything.I knew we were in for a bumpy ride, but just think there has to be a way to find out if the banks let go of our contract and let the house go to it's scheduled foreclosure. I don't want to assume they didn't. I will only go on concrete info at this point. Any ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Foreclosures, Short Sales, and REOs