Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,491 times

Advertisements

Having lived outside the US for 7 years, I have moved back this week. Before leaving the US, I lived in Boulder, CO for 4 years. So, I am familiar with some of the general area but, this is my first time in Fort Collins. When I lived in Boulder, I sold my nice Nissan Xterra SUV since I could easily bike around town. So, I am hoping to do the same in Fort Collins.

Using the Coloradoan newspaper, I looked into several Apartment complexes and found two that seemed to be good with respect to location. I would like to be in a quiet, peaceful environment and wonder if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the two I am interested in: 1) Brookview Apartments 2) Arbors at Sweetgrass. Thanks for any insight.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
I was never a fan of that area of Fort Collins. And not because it's a "bad" area - but the surroundings are not particularly nice, especially on E Prospect/Timberline, where it looks like an industrial park. However, they did build a new King Soopers plaza at Drake/Timberline and the plaza is nice. I think there is also a bike path that runs down to Drake from Prospect and near Arbors.

When I lived in Fort Collins, I lived at The Preserve at the Fort (which I guess is now Pavilion at Seven Springs or something?) near the corner of Drake and Shields. I really liked that apartment complex because of it's proximity to Rolland Moore Park (walking distance), the access to some local restaurants (there was a Mexican place which I think changed to Qdoba, plus a gym, and Starbucks and a cheap movie theater across Shields). Rents are probably a little more but the place was really nice and great amenities (pool, sand volleyball, hot tub, nice clubhouse). Plus, it was relatively close to College Ave, one major block from Safeway/Walgreen's, and also easy access to the Spring Creek Trail.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
I'm looking to move to Fort Collins for a job I've been offered. I'm a 24 year old male looking for a place to live that'll be fun. The west part of Fort Collins looks awesome with Horsetooth Reservoir plus the forest and hills there too. I want to live outside of town, maybe 4 - 10 miles out. Outdoor rec is key.

Looking for apartments not more that $700/month. Is that a good place? Is there much for apartments in that area (what are they)? Is there somewhere else I should look at, considering the qualities I want in an area?

Any feedback would be peachy.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsusean View Post
I'm looking to move to Fort Collins for a job I've been offered. I'm a 24 year old male looking for a place to live that'll be fun. The west part of Fort Collins looks awesome with Horsetooth Reservoir plus the forest and hills there too. I want to live outside of town, maybe 4 - 10 miles out. Outdoor rec is key.

Looking for apartments not more that $700/month. Is that a good place? Is there much for apartments in that area (what are they)? Is there somewhere else I should look at, considering the qualities I want in an area?

Any feedback would be peachy.
Look at padmapper.com which integrates the apartment/rental offerings of multiple websites.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 PM

63 posts, read 137,052 times
I am following this as we are interested in moving to Colorado in the very near future ... from NH.

I just took a peak at 'padmapper.com' and I am impressed! Thank you for the link/tip !!

Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 PM

625 posts, read 1,389,446 times
I always lived in smaller buildings in Old Town, some of the local property management companies are good places to start for these. I've never been one for "complexes", though, unless they had a bit of an in-town feel to them.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,200,670 times
So glad to see this thread. I, too, am looking for a place in FoCo. Not in a rush, but have been driving around to get the feel of neighborhoods. I looked in the Coloradoan and didn't see any For Rent ads. Is there a particular day of the week that apt ads run? I've used the internet to view apartment websites like rent.com, apartment.com, etc.

Having lived in Denver I loved the older areas with character. My thought was to stay away from dntn near CSU because of the noise factor(?) Can anyone share any insights/suggestions about names of similar areas/properties in FoCo that may have a bit more character and a close knit neighborhood?

My price range is $600-$900 for a 1 or 2 bedroom. Sitting on the fence about the number of b/r's. Ok...I've talked, now I'm ready to listen...bring it on!!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 PM

625 posts, read 1,389,446 times
Quote:
My thought was to stay away from dntn near CSU because of the noise factor(?)
Most of the old town area is very nice (simply look at a map for the "old town" grid street network and this'll tell you about where it is.) Best to drive around. West Elizabeth west of CSU is heavily student, as are probably the blocks west of College (HWY 287) and south of Mulberry although these are mixed with new homeowners as well. Aside from that I think there shouldn't be an issue. There's some neat old housing as far west as Overland around LaPorte Ave. as well. Around $900 you might get a 2 BR house (or a floor in a "duplex" house), otherwise there are various apartment and condo rentals in the old town area, but I don't think many larger complexes right in that area although there are smaller buildings here and there. Again, I had some luck with a property management company and also Craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area