Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 05:21 PM
rjs rjs started this thread

60 posts, read 218,245 times

Advertisements

So hows the summer weather been so far.? I've seen todays forecast is low 90's.? is this normal summer temps in FC.?
Hoping to be there by EOM Oct. I know...the summer will be over by then. But at least the nasty NJ winter wont be following me.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs View Post
So hows the summer weather been so far.?
Hot, everywhere along the Front Range!
I've seen todays forecast is low 90's.?
Yes, that is the forecast.
is this normal summer temps in FC.?
Yes, though we're on a record-breaking streak of 90 degree days in the metro Denver area. But the average summer temp here is roughly 90 degrees.
Hoping to be there by EOM Oct. I know...the summer will be over by then.
Not necessarily. It is not unusual for there to be days in the 80s in Oct, and occasionally a 90 degree day. If you're talking late Oct, yes, fall will be in full swing, but there still may be days in the high 70s.
But at least the nasty NJ winter wont be following me.!
Hopefully not!

Ft. Collins' weather is very similar to that of the rest of the Front Range to Colorado Springs. COS' weather is a bit different. Here are the temps for the month in Ft. Collins per accuweather;
http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-climo.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1& zipcode=80521&metric=0 (broken link)

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-28-2008 at 09:57 AM..

Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 AM

566 posts, read 1,939,790 times
My experience is that the temperature statistics lie. The statistics say that the Ft. Collins average temperature in the summer is in the high 80's. The key word is average. When storms come and the sky is overcast the temps can be in the low 80's. But under clear skies the temps are in the mid 90's. And because of the high altitude there is less atmosphere to screen out the suns rays. Not only is it quite hot on clear days, but being out in direct sunlight is painful and dangerous for any length of time.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:34 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,220 times
Like the rest of the Front Range, Collins is experiencing a record 20th day of 90*+ temps. and a drought. They're at @ 4" ytd and the norm is more like 11. Unirrigated areas are brown and dead looking right now. Thank God the mountain reservoirs are at capacity this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area