Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,905 times

Advertisements

Hi, what's the deal with Fort Collins schools? You can send your kids anywhere if you can get them there? Is there bus service to the local schools? What are the best schools? We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old, so want to relocate to somewhere we can stay and they can go through the system with great schools. Also, the best pre-schools? What is average cost of daycare there? Are there many Spanish-speakers in Fort Collins? Our kids are bilingual and would like to maintain that. How are some of the newer communities like Fossil Ridge and others? We want a 5 br/3ba, 3 car garage with enough land to have a nice backyard for kids, new or newer home. Commuting is not such a big deal as we both work from home, but need to get to airport frequently. How is the drive down to the Denver Airport? Other questions - we want to find a really energy efficient well-designed home, passive solar, radiant floor heating, etc. Any recommendations on builders/developers who specialize in green? Are solar panels taboo with most home-owner's associations there? Also, is the housing market in FC cooling down like the rest of the country? Lots of foreclosures and deals or not so much?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 01:18 PM

6 posts, read 22,835 times
I grew up in Fort Collins and now work here after graduating from CSU. Fort Collins schools are absolutely fantastic! The great thing about the PSD school district is the schools of choice program, which allows you to send your kids to any public school you choose as long as they are not at full capacity. You should definitly look into some of the charter schools, such as Ridgeview, Liberty Commons, or the Harris Bi-lingual School. They are smaller, but offer much broader educational opportunities for your kids. And yes, there are quite a few people here who speak Spanish. As for pre-schools, several of my siblings went to Saint Luke's and loved it. I'm not sure about others, but I could definitly ask around. Fossil Ridge is a very nice area for new homes. I have family not far from there and the neighborhoods are very clean and friendly, lots of kids. Feel free to email or post replys with any questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
View detailed profiles of: