Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,746,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehatton View Post
Thank you Tom and Serenah for the link. I love the pictures of the area except the smoke stack from the plant. I'm nervous about all the unknowns.
Have you hearded anything negative about people that live close to the power plant?
I just read that the power plant was GREEN E certified, I don't know what that really means for people that live close by. The other thing I just read was about the Uranium mines. Do you think that will go thought.
Thanks for any info anyone can offer.
From what I have heard the uranium mine is pretty much a done deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 12:47 PM

13 posts, read 28,012 times
Default Nunn Uranium Mine

Here is a website for those against the Nunn Uranium Mine. While it's not necessarily a non-partial view, there are links to the legislation, news articles, etc. to derive your own opinion.

Coloradoans Against Resource Destruction (CARD)

Old 10-24-2008, 03:34 PM

11 posts, read 47,255 times
I am very familiar with Wellington. My parents moved to the town in 1975 as a newlywed couple. My mom remembers when Wellington was considered "far" outside Fort Collins and the streets were still dirt. My mom still resides there after thirty-three years.

I will tell you some pros and cons-If anyone is interested in my opinion, of the town.

PROS-
1.) Smaller town although growing IMMENSELY! Lots, and lots of sprawl, but as with smaller towns a little quieter, slower paced lifestyle.
2.)Affordable housing as compared to Fort Collins, other upscale towns.
3.)Reasonable distance to I-25, Highway 1.

CONS-
1.)Wellington on the asthetic side isn't as nice as some neighboring communities like Fort Collins. Ex: some homes are not well-cared for, some are delapidated or setting vacant.
2.) In terms of weather, if you aren't already aware, the wind blows a lot, lot more than in Fort Collins, other areas of the Front Range. Probably because Wellington sets only 32 miles from the Wyoming border. It's actually on the destructive side at times here.
3.)Cost to commute-The frequent commuting back and forth from Fort Collins, Loveland, Denver, etc to jobs can be "tedious" for people.

...I won't go into some other experiences we've had with some lets say "mean-spirited" characters, but small towns often have their gossips.

My opinion is that it has some very good "starter" homes for families or young newly weds, but most people ultimately move away after a few years because they tire of the lifestyle and what I have been told "apathy" Wellington presents. Ultimately it's up to those who want/have to live there whether or not they stay.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,273 times
Default relocating to Wellington

My family and I are relocating to Wellington from Upstate New York. We are searching for a place to rent or rent to own. Our plans are to move around the end of June. Any suggestions or names/#'s/email would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for middle school info, youth activities, dr's, etc.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 706 times
Wellington only has one grocery store - Ridley's. No Walmart or Target. There is one Dr. Office and a Vet clinic. A bedroom community means there are tons of houses and residents living here now, but we primarily commute 10-15 minutes to Ft. Collins for amenities. With the residential growth, commercial growth will eventually follow. The price of a home in Wellington is MUCH more affordable however that Ft. Collins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area