Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,735 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]We are a family of 6 and we moved 5 months ago to Weston (are from Europe). When I see the food chanel on tv I see all these great authentic barbecue restaurants whit great food. Are there some similar types of restaurants in Broward County? I already found things like flanigans and smokey bones but the food there is not that great. On the high end I tried Chima and this was a great experience but not a place where you go to eat every week. Other tips for good food places are also very welcome (we lived in France for the last 5 years so I do realize that we are a bit spoiled when it comes to restaurants) Thanks.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 02:28 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurensvan View Post
[SIZE=3]We are a family of 6 and we moved 5 months ago to Weston (are from Europe). When I see the food chanel on tv I see all these great authentic barbecue restaurants whit great food. Are there some similar types of restaurants in Broward County? I already found things like flanigans and smokey bones but the food there is not that great. On the high end I tried Chima and this was a great experience but not a place where you go to eat every week. Other tips for good food places are also very welcome (we lived in France for the last 5 years so I do realize that we are a bit spoiled when it comes to restaurants) Thanks.[/SIZE]
Stevie Bs in Weston has good ribs.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:10 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,811 times
Stevie B's is very good. Think they moved somewhere on Weston rd. maybe? Our favorite place was Scrubys. On State Rd. 84 between Pine Island and Nob Hill Rd.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 PM

23 posts, read 63,856 times
Georgia Pig on 441, Dixie Pig on Dixie Hwy. Dixie Pig is Carolina style, with a vinegar/mustard/pepper based sauce.

I don't know about Ft Laud, but you can drive up Pembroke Rd west of 95 and find guys selling ribs right off their own cooker (usually an oil drum). They're usually the best.

Oh, and a guy who used to sell off the street now has a take out on Pembroke and Dixie-Hawkins ribs. He's been selling ribs for a long time.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:20 PM

58 posts, read 117,603 times
Tom Jenkins on US 1 in Ft Lauderdale, near Davie Blvd. Delicious!!! It would be worth the drive east for you and your family.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:25 PM

57 posts, read 165,427 times
jack's bbq on oakland park boulevard (between andrews and dixie).

get the pulled pork.

Jack's Bar-B-Q Smokehouse - Google Maps

Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahkthecah View Post
Georgia Pig on 441, Dixie Pig on Dixie Hwy. Dixie Pig is Carolina style, with a vinegar/mustard/pepper based sauce.

I don't know about Ft Laud, but you can drive up Pembroke Rd west of 95 and find guys selling ribs right off their own cooker (usually an oil drum). They're usually the best.

Oh, and a guy who used to sell off the street now has a take out on Pembroke and Dixie-Hawkins ribs. He's been selling ribs for a long time.

Georgia pig is junk in my opinion. Wife and I went there one Afternoon for lunch. Horrible service....waitress seemed racist that my wife had a spanish accent. Food was not tasty and extremely small portions. Will NEVER go there again.

Ton jenkins on the other hand is DELICIOUS...but have they finally remodelled ? The place 2 years ago was a nightmare to 1.park, 2.find a place to eat 3. order since the line was so long. Very difficult to sit and enjoy your meal there.....very tight and cramped seating arrangements with loud line of people right behind you anxiousely waiting to put in their orders. Someone told me they remodeled, but I'm not sure. Can anyone verify this ?

Old 07-30-2010, 02:01 PM

240 posts, read 385,720 times
University Dr and Sterling Rd, family friendly and as good as it gets in Broward Ctny.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,913,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Stevie B's is very good. Think they moved somewhere on Weston rd. maybe? Our favorite place was Scrubys. On State Rd. 84 between Pine Island and Nob Hill Rd.
Yes Stevie Bs is on Weston Rd. Not to far from SR 84.

We like Scrubys also. They always have coupons in the Sun Sentinel.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:24 PM

240 posts, read 385,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
University Dr and Sterling Rd, family friendly and as good as it gets in Broward Ctny.
Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q Davie, FL, 33328 - YELLOWPAGES.COM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area