Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times

Advertisements

About humidity.. the biggest wake up call for me came during our first summer here when I decided I'd walk the beach and then run a few errands. I figured, how humid can it be with my feet in the ocean. By the time I was done with my walk, I was drenched with sweat and unfit to run errands. I needed to go home and take a shower. The beach doesn't keep you cool, it's just a big reflecting pool. The only escape from the heat and humidity is with a/c.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
I warned my neighbors before they went down to my 'birth home' (Lauderdale) to spend their vacation .. sailing.
They came home .. In THREE Days .. Looking like lobsters and .. After they could get out of bed (heat stroke?) .. SWORE never to go anywhere Near south Florida again! 8)

Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I warned my neighbors before they went down to my 'birth home' (Lauderdale) to spend their vacation .. sailing.
They came home .. In THREE Days .. Looking like lobsters and .. After they could get out of bed (heat stroke?) .. SWORE never to go anywhere Near south Florida again! 8)

Your neighbors do not sound like "rocket scientists" .. anyone coming to Florida for a sailing vacation should know that sun screen and "mucho drinking water " are required ...... humidity is not a problem today and it should not be for the next several months ..... hopefully your neighbors keep their promise and never set foot in South Florida again ... good deal for us who enjoy South Florida

Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff-man View Post
How is the humidity in Ft. Lauderdale? Does it make life miserable? If so, for how many months of the year? The pictures of the beach and the city make Fort Lauderdale look great, but really bad humidity for a large portion of the year could make living difficult.
Yes this is South Florida .. it is hot and humid .. just like Houston , New Orleans or Tampa .... I am not crazy about heat and humidty ... but the weather is nice here six months of the year .. the other six can be tough on some people ... I have gotten used to it .

Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
Bottom line: South FL weather is beautiful 5-6 months out of the year (Oct.-March). The other 6 months (April-September) are very hot & humid with frequent rain, storms, lightning, thunder, hurricanes, tornadoes, blistering sun, mosquitos, ants, alligators, snakes, and everything else bad. That is why many snowbirds go back up north during these months.

When you visit FL, you MUST buy sunblock. If you don't, you will get sunburnt on day 1 and your trip will be miserable. By Day 2 you will look like a lobster and by Day 3 you will wind up in a hospital.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Bottom line: South FL weather is beautiful 5-6 months out of the year (Oct.-March). The other 6 months (April-September) are very hot & humid with frequent rain, storms, lightning, thunder, hurricanes, tornadoes, blistering sun, mosquitos, ants, alligators, snakes, and everything else bad. That is why many snowbirds go back up north during these months.

When you visit FL, you MUST buy sunblock. If you don't, you will get sunburnt on day 1 and your trip will be miserable. By Day 2 you will look like a lobster and by Day 3 you will wind up in a hospital.
I almost agree with you .... although I would ajust the months to be November - April in my opinion .... I believe that April is still nice and you actually have a semblance of spring in the air .... weather usually does not start to suck again until early May ... again that is my experience anyhow ... I find that most of October is still to hot and humid .

Old 12-07-2010, 04:41 PM

Rock>

I think the spring and fall months are very random. You get mixes of hot days and cooler days. It varies year to year. Some years, November is very hot. Other years, November is cool.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Rock>

I think the spring and fall months are very random. You get mixes of hot days and cooler days. It varies year to year. Some years, November is very hot. Other years, November is cool.

So true .... today is cold ( which I love ) on December 8 th and you never know down here on Christmas Day it may be 85 !!

By the way something about sunny and 45 with palm trees and the blue Florida sky which is magic

Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 AM

995 posts, read 3,930,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
So true .... today is cold ( which I love ) on December 8 th and you never know down here on Christmas Day it may be 85 !!

By the way something about sunny and 45 with palm trees and the blue Florida sky which is magic
It's magical considering Buffalo had 4 feet of snow on Monday.

We are so blessed.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:09 PM

I remember about 4-5 years ago laying out on the beach on Christmas Eve. It was about 85 and hot, humid, and sunny out. The last 2 years its been sort of chilly christmas eve, and not beach weather. It just varies so much. Some years are significantly colder than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area