Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 PM

33 posts, read 120,535 times

Advertisements

Living in Davie may be ideal for a young college couple. There are clubs in downtown Ft Lauderdale (Riverwalk) as well as Hollywood Florida. (Hard Rock Cafe). Hollywood is also another place that you can find a BCC campus. There is one in Pembroke Pines (far out west) and in Hollywood (close to old Pembroke Pines.) Ft Lauderdale is expensive to live for the traffic and no parking spaces. I have attended south hollywood, central and north campus. I-595 does have traffic, but she can also take the turnpike (sunpass)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 AM

177 posts, read 405,382 times
For one Broward College downtown doesn't offer all the majors, Davie, Pembroke Pines, and Coconut Creek have it. I'm not sure of your price range but I think your better off in Plantation, Pembroke Pines-Miramar(which isn't far from Miami), or Pompano.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:25 AM

356 posts, read 1,268,694 times
Safe and Quiet, not far from night life, schools = Weston.

there are nice places in west pembroke pines, cooper city and davie (i dont know much about boca) Easy pines in not quiet tho (lots of traffic,people)

night life is just a highway drive away almost anywhere you live.

Here is a word of unasked for advice. If you are deciding to have kids in your near or even Far future, consider that in buying a home. Its may not be easy to sell your home when/if the time comes.

I have lived in miramar, pembroke pines, sunrise, davie, hollywood.... and night life was always just a 20 minute drive away.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:37 PM

146 posts, read 225,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinfrommd View Post
My head is spinning from reading all the different opinions on areas in Broward County. My situation is thus...mid-20s couple picking up from Howard County, MD moving to sunny Florida. We've decided on Broward County but can't seem to pinpoint which town to go to. We don't have children so not too concerned about schools at this time. My boyfriend will be transferring work which can pretty much be in any area since he works for a large corporation, and I will be going to school full-time at the community college campus in Davie, Fl. We were originally looking at Coral Springs, but then found cheaper housing in neighboring Coconut Creek. Really trying to narrow down the area of Broward County between Boca Raton down to Hollywood. We want to live someplace safe and quiet, but also close to nightlife and close to school for me. Any opinions from people living in these areas would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
Not sure if you guys have decided yet, so my two cents -

Why not look at the Plantation/Davie area, since you'll be going to school there? I live in the area and am quite familiar. Safe, quiet, and as close as you will get to the nightlife without living out east near the downtown areas/beach. You have plenty of options in those two areas alone. PM me if you'd like more information.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:03 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,467,870 times
Ok first, Weston is NOT close to nightlife. It is a good 25-30 minute drive from Las Olas and Beachplace. A taxi cab ride would cost around $40-50. That leaves you one option- drunk driving. Weston is quiet and safe and has great schools. But the original poster doesn't have kids and is a young couple. I don't see the point in living that far away from the action.

Also, there is no such thing as quiet/safe and close to nightlife. It is one or the other. East Fort Lauderdale is the best place to live close to nightlife, but it is not quiet and is only moderately safe. Weston, Pembroke Pines, Coral Springs, and Sunrise are safe and quiet, but are not close to nightlife. So its a trade-off.

Davie and Plantation are your best options if you want a short commute to and from campus. You will be 15-20 minutes from nightlife and a $30 cab ride to Las Olas. A $20 cab ride to Hardrock.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 957 times
Default Try Broward College North Campus

Have you checked to see if the North Campus in Coconut Creek carries your major? If you want to live in Coconut Creek (which is nice and clean and safe) it would be nice to avoid the Fort Lauderdale traffic. The North Campus is less crowded and newer and a little more laid back. There are bars up in that area also, but with the safer area of NW Broward County you get a tamer night life. If you need to go to the Central Campus and want the clubs of downtown FTL and the Hard Rock, you may want to look at staying closer to that area like other posters have suggested.
Good luck with your research and your move!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area