Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 AM

389 posts, read 1,084,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
They make really small tape recorders these days. A good bit of audio documentation and an address for the headquarters in the northeast could effect some startling results.

Don't let a (reverse) racist step on you. Fight all racism - that's the American Way!

I beleive it is illegal here to record someone without notifying them they are being recorded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 PM

924 posts, read 1,677,842 times
You should be documenting this, but not on your computer at work! Every night when you get home, write down what was said, who said it, who witnessed it and the time and date. Write down what you said in response. Keep it in a safe place and make backup copies. If you do need to get an attorney involved, this will be very important.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:29 PM

228 posts, read 718,803 times
Sorry to tell you, this is how some Latins down here treat people who don't look, talk and act like them. They treat you like crap and make you feel unwanted for one reason. They are afraid of you, they are afraid your going to take over there positions in life because your white. They think because of your skin color, you will become the favored one and get all the rewards, and they will get none of it even if they work just as hard as you do.

I've had this happen to me as well, one of my co-workers was an older Colombian man who was a "hot-head", but no one told me this when they hired me. He would always pick on me and only me because I was black and they were all light-skin Latins. Till one day he blew up in my face, called me lazy and told me I was stupid and then had the balls to go into my bosses office and call him a fat retard, and telling him he shouldn't have hired a stupid n-word to do the job, and then said he was going to kill me and my boss. He was upset I got hired, and the white guy before me and not his cousin who he had, tried to get the same job I had.

It's just the way some Latins are, they look out for one another for the most part. And if your not one of them, you get treat like you are until you quit, or they get fired. Sorry sweetheart, but if I were you and the talking to the higher ups aren't working, start looking for a new place to work, cause it's not going to stop until someone gets fired, or you quit. But don't take this as a bad view on all Latins, some of us are sweet nice people, who really do not care about stupid issues like race.

Good luck.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:47 PM

153 posts, read 248,972 times
worst if you are a native English speaker. Please, take my advise because you could have to write a narrative to Human Resources and better if it is correctly well written and understood. Imagine your resume with the same mistakes here.

Really?.....Really?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:49 PM

2 posts, read 4,312 times
"Can We Tape?" this is an excelent place to start looking. According to the state stautes you CAN record conversations which do not have a reasonable expectaion of privacy. To my way of thinking that means get a recorder and put it in your pocket or however you can conceal it and record your day. Conversations in an open office are not private. Also seek out an attorney who can help you build a case against these people. If they mess you over fight back.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:40 AM

70 posts, read 176,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
worst if you are a native English speaker. Please, take my advise because you could have to write a narrative to Human Resources and better if it is correctly well written and understood. Imagine your resume with the same mistakes here.

Really?.....Really?
That's the irony of hubris my dear Watson... lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area