Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 08:48 PM

17 posts, read 23,718 times

Advertisements

Hi,
First thanks for your help, we learned a lot from this forum and we are moving to Weston. It was a very easy decision though, Weston is second to none for us.

We have an 18 month old and we are looking for a toddler/daycare. We love the Montessori approach, but I guess the "Three Village" doesn't accept kids before the age of 2.5. I couldn't verify that the other Montessori schools close to Weston are recognized by Montessori, so if anyone has any info on that that would be great.

It has to be nonsectarian and low teacher/student ratio is very important.

Cambridge, First Steps and Chesterbrook are on the top of our list.

I'd appreciate if you share your experience with us.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 AM

18 posts, read 54,968 times
I always recommend the www.care.com site to my clients. They have information that would anwer the typical questions.. What type of care would best suit your child? Would your child be more comfortable in a structured program? What are your needs in terms of location, hours of operation, and cost? The right choice may vary widely from family to family, depending on what each household considers important for them, so give it a try and Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiflgator View Post
Hi,
First thanks for your help, we learned a lot from this forum and we are moving to Weston. It was a very easy decision though, Weston is second to none for us.

We have an 18 month old and we are looking for a toddler/daycare. We love the Montessori approach, but I guess the "Three Village" doesn't accept kids before the age of 2.5. I couldn't verify that the other Montessori schools close to Weston are recognized by Montessori, so if anyone has any info on that that would be great.

It has to be nonsectarian and low teacher/student ratio is very important.

Cambridge, First Steps and Chesterbrook are on the top of our list.

I'd appreciate if you share your experience with us.
Thanks!

Last edited by doggiebus; 04-09-2012 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Advertising Not Allwoed

Old 04-12-2012, 12:21 PM

Thank you for the link!!!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,458 times
I was just searching this same question as we are considering moving to Weston. We have a 21 mo old and were looking for a Montessori or similar program as well. Did you find a school?

Old 04-22-2014, 06:10 PM

21 posts, read 44,716 times
Both of my kids went to Cambridge, one is almost finished with Pre-k in June. It is by far the best program in South Florida. Expensive but worth it! Everything is developmentally appropriate, teachers are all outstanding and all very caring. It was the only place that I would trust my children with.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:34 PM

Sorry for the late response, we chose Cambridge. We might have unreasonably high expectations; let me put it this way: it is the best around here with Montessori (they are strict about drop off and pick up times, which was a deal breaker for us. It was also not so clean). It's because the other daycares/schools are so terrible that these two schools shine...
However we have reservations about Cambridge (some of the teachers left and they even hired staff with no experience or training just with an interview), but other options are very far. You can also pick your teacher.

NOVA is the best in my opinion if you are close there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area