Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:17 PM

4 posts, read 31,362 times

Advertisements

Hello All! I will be travelling to Pompano Beach next week and will be staying near the NE 28th Street and E. Atlantic BLVD intersection. How is the area for crime? Is there anywhere we should avoid? And is it safe to walk at night. It looks as though we are a 25 min walk or so from the beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 PM

222 posts, read 382,491 times
You should be fine in that area for the most part - follow normal precautions but it's a fairly sleepy area with the major problem being an occasional drunk person around the Briny pub. I'd use more caution going on the beach sand very late at night, but aside from that no major worries. There's more loitering around Atlantic and Federal Highway at night, but that's a half-mile or so west of you.

You should only be about a 10-15 minute stroll to the beach -you're just west of the Intracoastal bridge. There's a great little place called Brother Tuckers a few blocks east of you, good food and an amazing beer selection - super friendly and low-key.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:56 PM

34 posts, read 106,317 times
that area is pretty bad

Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 PM

73 posts, read 264,965 times
I work on Federal Hwy near Copans. Pretty tame over there. If you're looking for a good restaurant...come on down to Bobby Rubino's. Great rib place. I'm there 5 nights a week.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM

4 posts, read 31,362 times
Thank you for your replies! I am looking forward to my trip and will check out the places you have suggested!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:19 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem213 View Post
that area is pretty bad
Haha, no it isn't! Have you ever been there? Pompano Beach east of US1 on Atlantic is pretty safe and has lots of nicer restaurants, small stores, pubs, and highrise condos. It is only maybe 5-10 minutes walking to the beach. You just walk right across the Atlantic Blvd bridge to the end of the street. It is a great location. Perfect area for a vacation that isn't as pricey as Fort Lauderdale. They just opened the brand new Publix right there on Atlantic.

Pompano Beach is bad west of Dixie Highway, but you won't be going there except driving to/from I-95 on Atlantic which isn't dangerous at all.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM

99 posts, read 128,728 times
We've stayed in Pompano Beach before, and we're returning in late May. We love the beach in Pompano. It's a beautiful spot, and yes I've traveled extensively. Sure, you should have your guard up, just like you would in any populated area. But reading some of these posts, you'd get the impression you should be damn scared to visit South Florida. Don't buy into it.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:09 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times
Pompano Beach is a tail of two cities. The Eastern half is nice and the Western half is really, really bad. Pompano Beach is frequently listed as having the worst crime in Broward County. What people don't understand is that nearly all of the crime originates in the Western half of the city. People overgeneralize and avoid Pompano Beach altogether because they read in the newspaper that Pompano Beach is bad.

As long as you're staying in the Eastern half of Pompano Beach, meaning east of US1, you are perfectly safe. I've never had an issue there and go there a lot. Once you go west of US1, the neighborhood begins to gradually decline. Once you go west of Dixie Highway, it becomes downright scary in some parts.

In my opinion, Pompano Beach is the perfect vacation town for families coming in from out of town who don't want to pay top dollar for Miami or Fort Lauderdale hotels. You can find some nice, privately owned beachfront motels for inexpensive rates. You don't need to stay at the chains for hundreds of dollars per night. Pompano is much quieter than Ft. Lauderdale and not as crowded at the beaches. You are only a 15 minute drive from Ft. Lauderdale too.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 5,956 times
Default Pompano beach, fl

Good morning, could you give me some information about this area - 777 S Federal Hwy,
Pompano Beach, Florida 33062. Thank you!!

Old 03-19-2018, 05:46 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebertini View Post
Good morning, could you give me some information about this area - 777 S Federal Hwy,
Pompano Beach, Florida 33062. Thank you!!
I personally wouldn’t pick anything on Federal in that area, but it’s not horrific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area