Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 02:35 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times

Advertisements

Need some help. What is your favorite restaurant in and around Weston. Looking for a restaurant with great food, doesn't matter what type of food (American, Italian, Sea Food, Asian, Indian, etc.), just that it is good. $30 for an entree is probably our limit. Doesn't matter if it is casual or formal. Also looking for a place that isn't too loud, so we can hold a conversion across the table.

So what would you recommend? Any suggestion please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 04:49 PM

440 posts, read 1,494,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Need some help. What is your favorite restaurant in and around Weston. Looking for a restaurant with great food, doesn't matter what type of food (American, Italian, Sea Food, Asian, Indian, etc.), just that it is good. $30 for an entree is probably our limit. Doesn't matter if it is casual or formal. Also looking for a place that isn't too loud, so we can hold a conversion across the table.

So what would you recommend? Any suggestion please.
doggiebus .... Bonefish Grill although a high end chain restaurant is excellent , as is East City Grill near Town Center which offers American Continental cuisine in an upscale setting . Sushi Tom is also an excellent Sushi place and my personal favorite in Weston also with a nice clientele in a nice setting , for Italian try IL Toscano and last is Brasero Steakhouse which is an Argentine , Brazilian , Venezuelan steakhouse ... whatever that means but it is really good .

Japan Inn also near Town Center is a Benihanas type place where the food is good and it is a lot of fun but it is somewhat loud . I am not aware of any Indian restaurants in Weston .... anyhow hope this helps ?

Old 09-23-2007, 07:00 PM

49 posts, read 201,200 times
All of the above suggestions are perfect....my favorite one for a nice (more quiet) would be East City Grill in Town Center---then after dinner you can take a nice walk ove to town center and window shop or grab a martini at SWG....

Old 09-23-2007, 07:36 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,452,069 times
I looked East City Grill up on the web, looks nice. Thanks guys! I will let you know where we decide to go too.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:48 AM

440 posts, read 1,494,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I looked East City Grill up on the web, looks nice. Thanks guys! I will let you know where we decide to go too.
I would go with staceybeth's recommendation , East City Grill and then you can walk to SWIGS for a cocktail which is a fun place . I live in Boca Raton but on the weekends I am either in Weston or way up in Wellington ... both nice places but Weston is hands down the better place for restaurant options .

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM

96 posts, read 344,547 times
For Indian restaurants, you will have to travel a little further out to Sunrise. They are all located on University Drive, India House, Udupi, and Woodlands. The latter two are South Indian and strictly vegetarian. If you've never had South Indian, I highly recommend you visit Udupi.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 AM

49 posts, read 201,200 times
Great minds think alike "musclehead" Last time I ate at East City Grill- Dan marino and his family sat right next to us....that was kind of cool!!! SWIG is crazy on wednesday nights (ladies nite) but for the most part its a cool place to have a cocktail and listen to music--- fun people watching too!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2007, 08:23 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,101 times
Pei Wei has great inexpensive Chinese food. It's like a mini PF Chang diner. A good place if you have a brood of kids and want to dine out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area