Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 05:34 PM

3 posts, read 10,074 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm a 24 year old single guy with no pets. I will be attending NOVA in Davie for grad school starting this summer. Does anyone have good suggestions for 1BR/1BA apartments ? I want to be within 25 minutes from NOVA so I'm willing to look outside of Davie. Budget is $1000/month but I can go up to $1300-$1400 if its a nicer, newer place in a good area with a lot of younger people. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
I would recommend living nearby school your first year in Davie or Plantation. Both cities have a ton of apartment complexes with full amenities due to the high concentration of Nova students in the area. Davie isn't the center of the action in terms of nightlife, but has a lot of shopping, a mall, restaurants, movie theaters, and other activities nearby. Davie is only 15 minutes away from Fort Lauderdale anyhow. You can always drive there easily or get a cab ride to go out at night.

Then after year 1, if you're bored out of your mind in Davie which I highly doubt, then you could try a beach condo or living downtown. I know people who've done this. You will probably be too busy your first year to be able to enjoy living further away anyhow.

If you're hellbent on living in a hot area, the best place is Las Olas. Except that the rent prices are going to be above $1300/mo to live there unless you settle for a cheap private rental with no amenities in an older building. The beach is cool to live on also, but also is expensive.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:16 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx2 View Post
Hi, I'm a 24 year old single guy with no pets. I will be attending NOVA in Davie for grad school starting this summer. Does anyone have good suggestions for 1BR/1BA apartments ? I want to be within 25 minutes from NOVA so I'm willing to look outside of Davie. Budget is $1000/month but I can go up to $1300-$1400 if its a nicer, newer place in a good area with a lot of younger people. Thanks!
Based on what you said, you should have no problems finding what your looking for. In fact, it should be very easy. Go to hotpads.com and do an advanced search of the area surrounding NOVA. The listings aren't always up to date but it gives you a very good idea of what communties/areas you would like to rent in.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 PM

164 posts, read 374,458 times
Don't live anywhere other than East Fort Lauderdale. That's where all the young people live and hang out. And if they don't live there, that's where they go to hang out. East Fort Lauderdale is about fifteen minutes to the NOVA campus when you take I595. Do your research...plethora condos can be found in East Fort Lauderdale in the one thousand per month range. Look at zip codes 33301, 33304, and 33316.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area