Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 02:36 PM

5 posts, read 6,395 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I am looking to move to Ft. Lauderdale and was wondering what are the nice areas to move to? Thanks for your reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 11:01 PM

63 posts, read 87,762 times
Only thing that comes to mind is it's beach and cypress creek.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:08 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,257,482 times
There are a lot of nice areas in the Broward County area, you might expand on what you seek, do you wish to be near beaches? Do you prefer a rural area? etc

If you like the beaches then you might wish to look at the Las Olas area. If you prefer rural then possibly the west Davie area.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:02 PM

5 posts, read 6,395 times
Thank you yes I like the beaches How is Dolphin Isles?

Old 09-04-2014, 07:24 PM

63 posts, read 87,762 times
Guy is asking about ft. Lauderdale not broward. But yeah, ft. Lauderdale has a beach. You might like it. Personally, it's not my cup of tea. Well, actually, I like it's beach but I just don't like the rest of ft. Lauderdale or any if broward for that matter, so I wouldn't live there if I could choose.

I don't think I recall dolphin isles.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:17 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,257,482 times
Most people I have spoken with who are not from Florida seem to think that all of Broward is Fort Lauderdale, thus my previous reply, sorry if it did not meet with your approval.

As for which areas to live for safety, I like the Las Olas area, 17th street causeway area and along the beach areas, so check out 33301 and 33316, I am sure others can add some zip codes on top of those.

Below is a link to some properties for rent to give you some ideas.
Fort Lauderdale Beach

BTW if someone does a search of properties for rent in Fort Lauderdale, then it will often show some properties all over Broward County, check it out for yourself and you will see what I mean.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:51 AM

366 posts, read 517,955 times
damn the search button really helps here. this is asked every day

Old 09-05-2014, 09:12 AM

3,252 posts, read 3,208,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
damn the search button really helps here. this is asked every day
Agree.

Of course, sometimes information can be stale, but if something has been discussed in the past year or so, I doubt much has changed -- and if you want to be sure, then ask.

Also, the first sticky in this forum is an excellent resource for anyone looking to rent or buy in Broward County. It's true that you have to make somewhat of a leap of faith, in assuming that the areas colored in various shades of green are safe/desirable/"nice" but at least it's a start.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:55 PM

7 posts, read 9,720 times
Check these crime maps. Lots of bad areas down here.

Here is the crime mapping for the Fort Lauderdale Police Department: RAIDS Online: Regional Analysis and Information Sharing (just type Fort Lauderdale in the address field and change the dates)

Here is the crime mapping for the Sheriff’s Office of Broward County: CrimeMapping.com - National Map (covers Oakland Park, Pompano Beach areas)

Old 09-06-2014, 11:45 AM

12 posts, read 18,798 times
Are you just looking in Ft Lauderdale or Broward County as a whole?

A lot of nice areas near beach Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale. Also inland in Weston, Davie, Pompono.

Depends on what you prefer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area