Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,723 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Please help if you can. My sister is relocating to Summerville next week. She has only been there once and I hear that Summerville is nice.

Now we are looking to relocate our Mother out there as well. Can you please give me your input on what the following areas as to which are nice and safe and which are not so much? All opinions are welcome. The more details the better.

-North Charleston (I heard good and bad things)
-Moncks Corner
-Goose Creek
-Mt. Pleasant
-Hanahan
-Ladson
-Johns Island
-James Island
-West Ashley
-Daniel Island

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 07:43 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,329,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm.lee View Post
Hello everyone. Please help if you can. My sister is relocating to Summerville next week. She has only been there once and I hear that Summerville is nice.

Now we are looking to relocate our Mother out there as well. Can you please give me your input on what the following areas as to which are nice and safe and which are not so much? All opinions are welcome. The more details the better.

-North Charleston (I heard good and bad things) More Bad than good, if you are going to live here pick on of the communities on Dorchester Rd. in Dorchester County.
-Moncks Corner Very Rural community, very close to the large lakes.
-Goose Creek Tween area, sits between Moncks Corner and N. Charleston.
-Mt. Pleasant High Dollar, very safe(unless you like to play poker) good food and shopping.
-Hanahan Kind of a mixed bag, some really good, some really bad depends on which side of Rivers you live on.
-Ladson Little Mexico....
-Johns Island Nice near shore area, mostly rural
-James Island Similar less rural.
-West Ashley Charleston Light
-Daniel Island Mayberry with money, lots of money...

Thank you!!!
See above

Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,294 times
Hanahan city limits are along the railroad tracks that parallels Rivers Ave.. Hanahan does not cross Rivers Ave.. It goes up Remount Rd. on the left side as you are driving from Rivers Ave.. The right side is N.Chas..

Old 07-28-2009, 08:36 PM

4 posts, read 9,459 times
-North Charleston (I heard good and bad things) Do listen to the bad revies, STAY AWAY!!!!!!
-Moncks Corner Depends where, but mostly a big no.
-Goose Creek Gotta go no here too, too much on the north charleston side of things.
-Mt. Pleasant Out of your options, a big yes, very nice area.
-Hanahan I give this area a couple of years before it turns into North Charleston, older people holding onto the homes they've had for years makes it a quiet safe place, but soon the North Charleston people are going to make this an undesirable place.
-Ladson No, No.
-Johns Island Not too familiar with this area
-James Island Not convenient, don't recommend.
-West Ashley No
-Daniel Island Yes, if you can afford it. Very small island community, one grocery store, two banks, things like that. Very upscale living, along side apartments with income based rent. I worked on this island for 4 years, the good prevails here, but very expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area