Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 12:08 PM

109 posts, read 140,993 times

Advertisements

anyone know if monterra properties are cooper city or hollywood? im being told they are hollywood. if that is the case, why would it get taxed under cooper city values? also, would that impact the value of the property due to it NOT being in cooper city vs hollywood (ie: cant go to cooper city schools, etc)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 01:28 PM

191 posts, read 317,631 times
Certainly not Hollywood.

From looking at the districting map, most of the property Monterra sits on is in Cooper City. It looks like there is a small cut out in the southern section near Sheridan and University that is technically Davie. (Pretty sure that is the church/charter school property.)

Kids in Monterra attend Cooper City Elementary, Pioneer Middle and Cooper City High.

If you draw a box with the borders of University Dr., Flamingo Rd., Sheridan St. and Griffin Rd. you have the Cooper City Schools Boundary with a few small exceptions.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:05 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,825,336 times
I actually have seen some Monterra homes on MLS listed as Hollywood and it puzzled me...

Old 12-01-2014, 02:28 PM

5 posts, read 6,529 times
It is Cooper City (utilities paid to the city, and the city boundary map includes Monterra). The zip code is 33024, which causes a lot of confusion.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:28 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,020 times
Anything I have ever seen listed for Monterra has said Cooper City. Some nice homes in Monterra.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:40 AM

109 posts, read 140,993 times
thanks for the feedback…wanted to make sure

Old 12-02-2014, 11:22 AM

399 posts, read 727,960 times
All that confusion is because the Postal Service chooses to ignore political boundaries. So since some of the city of Hollywood is in the 33024 zip code, they think all of it is, even though much of it is in Pembroke Pines, some in Cooper City (south of Stirling Road), etc. And the bad part is, I think USPS provides software to some companies for mailing lists, etc., where they only have to enter the zip code, and the city and state pops up, only it's the USPS version of the city and state (well, at least the state always comes up as Florida)

I lived in Pines for much of the time I've been in So. Florida and I was always running into this. At one point, I had a P. O. Box at the Distribution Center on Pines Blvd and Dykes Road, when I got it, the clerk instructed me to use the designation "South Florida" for the city when giving people my PO Box address. I did this dutifully (sp?), only to find that the USPS software designates that zip code (33082) as "Pembroke Pines"! SMH

And it isn't just here, before I lived here, I was in Southern California for many years, the last place I lived was Gardena, a city in the South Bay section of L. A. County about 10-12 miles south of downtown Los Angeles. Gardena had 3 zip codes, some of which overlapped into neighboring L. A. city or unincorporated L. A. county. So people would see a Gardena address, but they were actually in the city of L. A. (with police service by LAPD, water and power by LADWP, etc.) Supposedly, USPS does this for better efficiency (so why aren't they more efficient?!?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area