Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:46 PM

305 posts, read 723,943 times

Advertisements

I'm seeing all the threads here stating broward county sucks.

Why is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 07:14 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,020 times
Florida is great for us but not for everyone and it seems that too many people only wish to see the bad in life.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:34 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post

Why is that?
Nothing is wrong there are just a few posters that hate it so much they want to spread the hate. Try to ignore that. There is a lot of greatness in Broward. Like anywhere you just have to find your happy place.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:48 PM

438 posts, read 653,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post

Why is that?
Broward county doesn't suck...as long as one doesn't live in one of its bad neighborhoods. Its just that parts of it have gotten to be a bit more ghetto, a lot more crowded, and a lot more expensive than it used to be, and not everyone who has lived in the area for a long time like the changes. The area certainly is changing. In another 10 or so years it will become like Miami-Dade. Not that this is a bad thing. But its definitely a thing that some people won't like.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 PM

17 posts, read 26,498 times
Broward was great in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Now if you enjoy diversity, the massive influx of Jamaicans and Haitians to Broward, you won't have a problem.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:33 AM

366 posts, read 517,056 times
if ur broke everywhere sucks. when your comfortable everywhere is great so it maybe more the lifestyle they can afford than the lifestyle that actually is??

Old 02-06-2015, 11:25 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Anywhere people will think a place sucks. I am living in Broward Co now, but near the beach. I just started working/living here about six months ago or so, before that I was just here for vacation and spent most of the time in the Fort Lauderdale area.

I was born in L.A and lived there pretty much all my life and broward definitely seems a lot better in some ways , in regards to less trash on the streets and things like that in general. Also have been working in the Miami a lot recently and Miami reminds me more of L.A , more aggressive drivers, more people, etc.

Costs to live in Broward even closer to the beach are much lower than in L.A . While things might be more expensive than in the past , the prices are much lower. Businesswise though there seem to be more opportunities in Miami-Dade county because of the density and less seasonality.

This is why Broward is popular with retirees or vacationers but there aren't a great variety of businesses for the most part.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:54 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Anywhere people will think a place sucks. I am living in Broward Co now, but near the beach. I just started working/living here about six months ago or so, before that I was just here for vacation and spent most of the time in the Fort Lauderdale area.

I was born in L.A and lived there pretty much all my life and broward definitely seems a lot better in some ways , in regards to less trash on the streets and things like that in general. Also have been working in the Miami a lot recently and Miami reminds me more of L.A , more aggressive drivers, more people, etc.

Costs to live in Broward even closer to the beach are much lower than in L.A . While things might be more expensive than in the past , the prices are much lower. Businesswise though there seem to be more opportunities in Miami-Dade county because of the density and less seasonality.

This is why Broward is popular with retirees or vacationers but there aren't a great variety of businesses for the most part.
I agree with some of what you say but you just generalize entire area based on no facts. How do you know what businesses it can support and what type of people vacation their ?

Old 02-11-2015, 06:08 PM

43 posts, read 73,244 times
Yea Broward County Sucks ***!! Miami Dade is no better either!! Palm Beach county is where its at 561!!! West Palm Beach all day

Old 02-12-2015, 10:42 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,446,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
Broward county doesn't suck...as long as one doesn't live in one of its bad neighborhoods. Its just that parts of it have gotten to be a bit more ghetto, a lot more crowded, and a lot more expensive than it used to be, and not everyone who has lived in the area for a long time like the changes. The area certainly is changing. In another 10 or so years it will become like Miami-Dade. Not that this is a bad thing. But its definitely a thing that some people won't like.
Very true.. When I first moved here 20 years ago "the experts" said Miami was going to keep spreading North and that's exactly what's happened and continues to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area