Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2016, 10:35 AM

4 posts, read 3,066 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a 42 year old female and want to relocate to Fort Lauderdale and or nearby. I need to find an apartment and a job, I can spend $800.00 for an apt. that is pet friendly and safe with shopping close to apt. Any advice is welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 09:47 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle436 View Post
Hi, I am a 42 year old female and want to relocate to Fort Lauderdale and or nearby. I need to find an apartment and a job, I can spend $800.00 for an apt. that is pet friendly and safe with shopping close to apt. Any advice is welcomed.
$800 won't get you an efficiency in a white neighborhood. Add in the no job and pet friendly and you really are looking for a unicorn!

Old 02-16-2016, 04:20 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
I sent you a private message to show you what I found online that is available in that price range, as in the post above, that price may not get you into totally safe neighborhood. You might also like to check out craigslist https://miami.craigslist.org/search/apa and see if any of those listed might work for you. I would suggest you find a job before moving, if at all possible, unless you have a lot of money saved up, since a person without a job may have to put down a much larger security deposit on a rental than a person with a job. Good luck and advance welcome to south Florida.

Let me add, I am not a realtor, so I am just trying to help.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:34 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
$800 is VERY little for an apartment in Fort Lauderdale. You might want to consider roommates or renting a room from someone, which may be more challenging with a dog.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:20 AM

6 posts, read 5,987 times
I would recommend adjusting your price range or finding a roommate. Depending on what area of Fort Lauderdale, you may have to be in the $1200 range for a one bedroom. Fort Lauderdale is quickly building luxury rentals in preparation for the new rail station that travels from here to your area. If your not picky on the area, then might $800 might work in Oakland Park or Lauderdale Lakes for a one bedroom but I wouldn't expect high grade amenities. Also, you may have to pay a pet deposit in the average of $500.

I believe that finding a job first is the best plan as it will help you to adjust your budget accordingly. Also, your landlord will want to know you are employed, unless you have at least a year's worth of savings to be able to pay the rent.

Good luck to you!

Old 02-17-2016, 06:15 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
Anything decent is $1200+. You'll have to settle for a roommate. You could try Palm Beach County as it may be slightly less expensive the farther north you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area