Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:22 AM

16 posts, read 12,849 times

Advertisements

I'd like to stay under $130. A lot of the hotels on what seems to be "the area" are pricy. That being said, if we could find one under that price that is still walking distance to the bars/food/beach that would be ideal.. I'm open to all places near the beach that are awesome. We have to fly allegiant which flies into fort Lauderdale so we also don't want to rent a car, so we need taxi or shuttle which is why we are looking in this area. But again, open to whatever is good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 07:55 AM

311 posts, read 451,114 times
Try VRBO, vacation rentals by owner. Much cheaper than a hotel and some great locations.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:20 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness14445 View Post
I'd like to stay under $130. A lot of the hotels on what seems to be "the area" are pricy. I'm open to all places near the beach that are awesome. !
It's going to be tough finding something near the beach in that budget.

I'm thinking Lauderdale by the Sea - maybe one of the old mom and pop hotels will meet your budget.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:25 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
I agree. Your budget is a bit of a problem. I did a quick check & Residence Inn and the Westin are available for $149 a night but YMMV depending on what dates you use in July. I also only checked the ones that got average ratings of either a 4 or 5. I learned my lesson when I stayed in a 3.5 in Deerfield. Never again. Good luck.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:28 AM

623 posts, read 965,996 times
Quote:
I'd like to stay under $130. A lot of the hotels on what seems to be "the area" are pricy. That being said, if we could find one under that price that is still walking distance to the bars/food/beach that would be ideal.. I'm open to all places near the beach that are awesome. We have to fly allegiant which flies into fort Lauderdale so we also don't want to rent a car, so we need taxi or shuttle which is why we are looking in this area. But again, open to whatever is good!
Try snooze hotel its right in the middle of everything. The rooms are small but they have a rooftop deck and they are oceanfront. There's a patio overlooking the beach and you can use a pool about a block away

Old 04-09-2016, 05:19 PM

49 posts, read 74,420 times
Hollywood Beach is a $20 cab ride from the airport and has a 2 mile long broadwalk with restaurants and whatnot. The big hotels are the Marriott and Margaritaville, but there are some small hotels too (like 20 rooms kind of places) check with reviews online before you book though. As a local (I only live 5 miles away) we've stayed on the beach for "staycations" at several of these little places and they are really quaint and you can go bar hoping on foot and stumble home without worry about traffic.
Or, you can take the trolley for a dollar and go to downtown Hollywood (about a mile & a half away.... walkable but not if you're wearing heels) for more restaurant/bar options.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:36 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
$130 per night near the beach will not get you a high end resort, even in the off season.

There are places like this: Ocean Beach Palace Hotel in your price range. You will be near the beach, but have about a 15 minute walk to the beach.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:42 AM

469 posts, read 576,867 times
Quote:
What is the W? Street name? We are now looking in the central beach area that seems to be the common consensus. Trying to stay at a budget friendly hotel would rather spend our money on drinks and fun lol
There are a lot cheaper areas of Florida than Ft. Lauderdale to do those things...I'm just sayin'. Southeast Florida is one of, if not THE most, overpriced parts of the state.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:25 AM

7 posts, read 6,553 times
pretty cool place to visit, I used to live there

Old 04-11-2016, 11:29 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
There are a lot cheaper areas of Florida than Ft. Lauderdale to do those things...I'm just sayin'. Southeast Florida is one of, if not THE most, overpriced parts of the state.
This is a great point... OP.. Is there a reason you're set on South Florida?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area