Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:34 PM
RZE RZE started this thread

2 posts, read 1,773 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your help.

I have another question and I hope this doesn't come off wrong. I've spoken to a few people about the area and they echo what everyone here is saying. But a couple of people have mentioned that as a single straight guy Oakland Park might not be for me. And one said specifically that the area East of Dixie is great but might not be what I am looking for.

I have no problem living in a diverse area but I don't want to move somewhere that basically I wont fit in.

Do any of you know if this area is ok for single straight guy? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 04:49 AM

311 posts, read 451,442 times
It is kind of like Wilton Manors lite. I have a relative who has lived in this area, closer to Federal, for about 40 years. He says his block is about 20%-25% gay now, but does not mind as everyone is nice and maintains or improves their properties to keep values high. The gay community is one of the major reasons this area is rising in value.

What will the future hold as far as demographics? Who knows? Eastern Ft Lauderdale, Oakland Park and especially Wilton Manors is over-represented by Gays and has been for decades. Personally, I would have no trouble living anywhere in Ft Lauderdale or Oakland Park as far as "fitting in". I could not say that for Wilton Manors.

To get a feel of the neighborhood, visit it and eat lunch and dinner in the area. Walk the streets at night, visit the parks and churches. You will soon figure out if it is for you.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:54 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,208,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Intelligence View Post
Mr. Lee our 100th reel (shilling) eztate agent on CD looking for new clients lol.
CD IS a relocation forum!! And no one is pushing you to use a realtor.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:12 PM

5 posts, read 7,879 times
Oakland Park is definitely one of the up and coming areas. I think you would be happy there.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:43 PM

1,049 posts, read 961,336 times
You should have no problem fitting in there, it's a pretty tranquil area. My girlfriend and I love the neighborhood and have considered moving there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area