Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:04 PM

207 posts, read 614,341 times

Advertisements

Living in C Springs, looking to try another venue...was looking into to Davie to have more of a backyard and be w/middle class amoung single family homes, I have been reading the other thread and it seems more people choose CCity over Davie, yes? Coral Springs has proved to be pretty ritzy. I thought Davie was a little more country...Coral Springs also proves to be pretty busy...thoughts...probably sending the little one to private (catholic) school...so any thoughts there would be great too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 PM

207 posts, read 614,341 times
Is Cooper City less checkerboard then Davie? IE....most areas are nice vs every other?

Old 03-26-2008, 01:33 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Cooper City has no checkerboard. Almost entirely solid middle class, with a few upper class pockets. I wouldn't give Davie a "no", it just depends on whether you want to be closer to 595 or further south in the county. Davie is a little more country, and it's actually kind really checkerboard either. There is a defined line between the good part and the crappier part, it's just there tends to be more serious wealth in Davie, and yet on the other hand you have the mobile home parks (most of them are sleepy and quiet).

Both of them definitely "Feel" more "middle class" than Coral Springs, and are also less code enforcement oriented/gestapo-ish. Coral Springs has a little bit of that uptight aura to it, although it's no Boca Raton. But on the other hand there are run down parts of C. Springs too, off of Sample Rd...

Last edited by compelled to reply; 03-26-2008 at 01:42 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 03:34 PM

445 posts, read 1,683,328 times
Default Davie girl

We live in West area and we love it out here.
I like Davie over cooper city.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:10 PM

66 posts, read 375,807 times
westside DAVIE - more country/cowboy with horses and ranches, middle-upper class..

eastside DAVIE - bordering ft.lauderdale, more city with more traffic and congestion, lower-middle class..

COOPER CITY - right in the middle a little of both, city and country intertwine

what part of cooper city/davie are you interested in particular?

Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 AM

984 posts, read 4,318,031 times
Both are good neighborhoods, but I personally like more Cooper City than Davie.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,712,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browardboi954
westside DAVIE - more country/cowboy with horses and ranches, middle-upper class..

eastside DAVIE - bordering ft.lauderdale, more city with more traffic and congestion, lower-middle class..

As an East Davie resident who lives on a 2 1/2 acre farm with a 28 acre farm on one side and 2 1/2 acre farms located down the rest of my street between Griffin and Stirling, I beg to disagree with your city characterization - I would also disagree with the lower middle class characterization, because I assure you the average value of these properties is around $1 million even now. East Davie (that is East of University and West of the turnpike) South of Griffin and North of Stirling is VERY nice. Drive around and you'll see what I mean.

Also, Davie's eastern-most point is I believe the Turnpike (might be 441?)...to the turnpike, it's not city here at all. I live right up the street from the old Davie School and New River Groves. This is a historic area and we do not border Fort Lauderdale, we border Dania. Also, the rodeo is in walking distance from my house - what's more country/cowboy than that?

Old 03-27-2008, 10:27 AM

Well, go south of Stirling or north of Griffin...and although there are some huge estates in that in between area, there are also some really run down condos and shack-type housing...that area is open and country, and I would never call it "city". I would call it more "checkerborad". I have also seen Neo-Nazi types just north of Griffin and east of Downtown, and there is some REALLY depressed housing back there, still far from city like though. When you go back into some of the neighborhoods however, it is very nice, and there is a lot of open space there which gives it a nice feeling.

Davie goes to State Road 7. It even goes north of 595 at a point.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:39 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,712,467 times
Compelled, yes, I would agree with your borders and characterization. Actually, that area East of Davie Rd, North of Griffin right by downtown, is becoming very highly populated with Latin illegals. They are renting those houses and living 10 to a house in some cases. There is a lot of work for them in the area I live in (lots of plant nurseries and major landscape companies) and they can easily reach it here by bicycle. The neo-nazi types have relocated in large measure to the St Lucie/Fort Pierce area.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:42 PM

I saw a strip of run down condo-looking things over there with a bunch of Mexican flags on the window (right near the neo-nazis). I mean like every house had a Mexican flag and the places were not well kept. It's kind of becoming the next Broadview Park in that regard, acutally it's worse than that because that area is just working class/hard working types, the area in Davie looks more like an average neighborhood in Lake Worth on a smaller scale...that is a very nasty little pocket and you would never know unless you went back there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area