Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 12:59 PM

440 posts, read 517,113 times

Advertisements

I noticed on my last trip to West Palm Beach in a friend's car that the minimum speed limit of 40 miles an hour signs have been removed from I-95 in both Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Since both counties have a majority of government officials who are Democrats and the oil companies financially support the Republicans, this is basically political suicide on the part of Democrats to remove the minimum speed limit signs as everyone now think they have to drive 65 miles per hour on 1-95, which burns up more gasoline and profits the oil companies who financially support the campaigns of Republicans, due to there now only being 65 mile an hour signs on 1-95 in Broward and Palm Beach counties, although it is still legal to drive the minimum of 40 miles per hour, preferably in the far right lane as the signs on 1-95 instruct slower moving vehicles to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 01:05 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotandHumid View Post
I noticed on my last trip to West Palm Beach in a friend's car that the minimum speed limit of 40 miles an hour signs have been removed from I-95 in both Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Since both counties have a majority of government officials who are Democrats and the oil companies financially support the Republicans, this is basically political suicide on the part of Democrats to remove the minimum speed limit signs as everyone now think they have to drive 65 miles per hour on 1-95, which burns up more gasoline and profits the oil companies who financially support the campaigns of Republicans, due to there now only being 65 mile an hour signs on 1-95 in Broward and Palm Beach counties, although it is still legal to drive the minimum of 40 miles per hour, preferably in the far right lane as the signs on 1-95 instruct slower moving vehicles to use.
You make zero sense, lol.

No one "thinks" they have to drive 65, and if they do, then they should not have a license anyway and I doubt a damn sign was ever going to do anything about it.

What magic goes on around you that anyone even obeys any speed sing on 95 through south Florida? lol.

Old 11-29-2018, 05:05 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
I think anyone should be driving 40 on I-95 so it probably was a great idea in the name of safety! Glad you noticed because when I'm bobbing and weaving through traffic at 90 mph I barely have time to look up from my phone (lol!) so no way would I notice a sign on the side of the road.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:42 AM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
So... when there was a traffic backup and everyone was at a standstill, just how effective did you find those minimum legal speed signs? There is a concept in traffic planning where superfluous signage is removed to increase the awareness of the signs that remain. It is also more ecologically sound to not have to build and maintain excess signs.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:00 PM

440 posts, read 517,113 times
Default Some People Care about the Environment

The minimum speed limit signs were posted on I-95, along with signs informing slower moving vehicles to stay in the right lane, as a way of letting people know that they are legally not allowed to drive slower than 40 miles an hour on I-95.

With your sense of reason, I suppose you would prefer that people who want to drive 25 miles an hour on I-95 be allowed to do so since you don't think there should be minimum speed limit signs on I-95? And believe me, there are people who will drive below the minimum speed limit and there will be no legal grounds for the state of Florida to stand on by ticketing someone for driving below 40 miles an hour if there are no signs informing drivers of a minimum speed limit.

It seems to me the real issue about driving on I-95 is lack of personal time management which results in motorists who can't manage their own personal time feeling entitled to drive fast on I-95 while they are running late but then can't understand why they have to deal with the resulting traffic accidents that are caused by driving at fast speeds on I-95, which of course results in slow downs in traffic and standing in traffic because of closed lanes shut down by accidents.

Then, of course, there's the rising sea levels in South Florida which they are partially responsible for by driving their motor vehicles at high speeds and creating extra carbon dioxide that goes into the atmosphere.

And of course, one has wonder where all these people who can't manage their personal time are going to move to when they keep seeing their neighborhood streets flooded by heavy rains that have no place to drain to because of rising seawater backed up in the rainwater drains during high tides that are now regularly above normal in South Florida due to Global Warming.

This crowd in South Florida that just loves to speed their fossil fuel burning vehicles regularly above the speed limit feel they are entitled to use excessive amounts of gasoline by driving at high speeds and expects everyone else to follow suit so they won't be in their way just puts more and more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere which is causing the ice caps and glaciers all over the world to melt and raise the sea levels in South Florida, is the same crowd that expects someone else to do something about the problem of Global Warming and rising sea levels causing their neighborhood streets to flood, which of course slows them down from getting to go speed on I-95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area