Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,885 times

Advertisements

im not gay but lived in lauderdale for 5 years and it is overwhelmingly a homosexual place. very very noticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 AM

346 posts, read 1,341,339 times
It's definitely better than Tampa. I remember when Ybor was a very gay friendly place, but then Tampa decided they didn't want to be gay friendly. The gay community moved their business to South St. Pete right across from the old Florida Power hq. I use to work there before moving to downtown St. Pete. Tampa now decided that Ybor and Tampa is gay friendly again because their attempt to market Ybor to the masses has failed miserably and needs the gay community to revive the place again. At least that's what I got from an article I read in the paper up there. I'm not gay, but I use to love going to Tracks on Thursdays and Sundays when I was going to school up there. Those were really good clubbing days then in Ybor.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
FTL is rated as one of the top gay destinations.
So? Why is that something to share with everyone?

Old 06-12-2008, 10:59 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,655 times
I just got my tickets! I'm very excited about seeing my best friend again (she moved up North, but is coming to FTL), to get out of the bay area for a few days, and enjoy the coconut palms (we don't really have those in Tampa -- we're above the coconut line).

Every since I drove through I've been wanting to check out the city. I can't wait to explore your town.

Any places you can think of that you would say are a "don't miss" while I'm there? Thanks.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:13 PM

14 posts, read 31,894 times
It is a great place to be! Welcome and enjoy the days as well as the nights. We Floridains are pretty nice people! Most of the time! I actually from NY but been her 15 yrs So I consider myself a floridian

Rich Scott
Mod deleted

Last edited by sunrico90; 06-13-2008 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: link not allowed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area