Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 18,774 times

Advertisements

Just bought a condo we will be renting out for two or three years before we relocate. Am seeking advice about where to purchase nice but cheap furniture for the renters. We will probably donate it away and buy all new in 2 or 3 years when we move in. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2914 View Post
Just bought a condo we will be renting out for two or three years before we relocate. Am seeking advice about where to purchase nice but cheap furniture for the renters. We will probably donate it away and buy all new in 2 or 3 years when we move in. Thanks in advance.
Rooms to go is pretty cheap and has stylish furniture.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2914 View Post
ikea, ikea, ikea. Oh did I mention ikea?

That place is the truth.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
ikea, ikea, ikea. Oh did I mention ikea?

That place is the truth.
Tru dat my man! The BEST for apartment type stuff too. I was very excited when they opened down here, they have very ergonomically designed and space efficient designs as well. Only problem (depending on who you are) is that it is all DIY and your going to end up lugging a lot of boxes home in your car.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Tru dat my man! The BEST for apartment type stuff too. I was very excited when they opened down here, they have very ergonomically designed and space efficient designs as well. Only problem (depending on who you are) is that it is all DIY and your going to end up lugging a lot of boxes home in your car.
Do you know if they offer assembly and delivery service? I never looked into it but seems like a no brainier for them.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:14 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Do you know if they offer assembly and delivery service? I never looked into it but seems like a no brainier for them.
Delivery they offer, but assembly I am not sure. They built their empire off of DIY, so I would assume not.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:34 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
I would say Rooms to Go or Ashley. It's imitation of the higher end ...and Ashley sofas in microfiber are actually comfortable. My 28 yo son hates my 4000.00 sofa and loves his Ashley and I admit it's more comfortable. (for now, lol).

IKEA is more modern but it's not comfortable and cheap looking to alot of people who used it in college for example. Except the brown leather sectional they have but not everyone wants leather. and IKEA doesn't scream Florida.

You'll get a better tenant with "better" furniture, imo. And you can get a whole room package from either Ashley or Rooms....

You realize that only seasonal beach type rentals come with furniture, right? You could rent it without it being furnished, but may have better luck with furnished. EXCEPT for someone like me who wants to use their own. Is it a beach property?

If you want Florida style, go to the Yum Yum Tree in Tequesta/Jupiter on Rt 1. OMG talk about Florida. They have everything from reasonable price to high end Tommy Bahama Lexington. TONS of art, accessories (good ones), patio furniture, lamps, bars, tiki crap, nautical theme or flamingo theme or lighthouse theme or whatever.... TONS OF FURNITURE in all kinds of styles.

I saw several pieces I bought at higher end stores (when they were closing and having clearance sales) in Yum Yum Tree too.

Plan to spend a long time there it's about 15,000 square feet. You can do the whole condo in one trip if you're a good shopper.

You can do each room cheap too, you don't need to pimp it out but it'll still look Florida. They are very nice there, deliver very reasonably and are helpful and careful. They have a lady there to do interior dec too.

The store is JAMMED with stuff everyone needs to go at least once! I bought an old school 1960's style wicker bedroom suite for the guest room in this cool limey green looks totally Florida deco...cheap, it was a closeout. (nothing there is used it's all new)

My son lives near a consignment store and noticed on certain nights they have inventory and he picked up a brand new looking dining room table with glass top and chairs for about 200.00. Heavy iron. Needed chair pads and fabric though.

ETA: Yum Yum Tree has been around over 30 years, my mother bought some of her furniture there in the 70's lol

Last edited by runswithscissors; 07-23-2008 at 03:42 PM..

Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Delivery they offer, but assembly I am not sure. They built their empire off of DIY, so I would assume not.
Yeah I forget ...there are assemblers that come to your place but I don't remember if they are Ikea or not. One thing's true that stuff is a PITA to do...

Old 07-23-2008, 02:59 PM

By the way if you want furniture for outside patio or porch two weeks ago Walmart had an entire set for 250.00 from 500.00. Not ugly either. It's the same as they have in Target. It's green, brown and cream dark brown resin (fake wicker). I got it because my porch is narrow and it's a small size and fits great and it's not uncomfortable either. Two chairs, loveseat and coffee table. Not ugly is a big plus too lol.

People very much appreciate a nice patio when renting it's one of the emotional things they will pay for. 250 is nothing when you're talking a better tenant imo.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:18 PM

55 posts, read 302,228 times
Craigslist!!!! You can get some very nice furniture for cheap and some is even free! The only problem is you usually have to haul it yourself though some sellers will deliver for you.

This link says Miami but it's for all of South Florida.

craigslist: south florida classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

More specific link: http://miami.craigslist.org/fur/ (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area