Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 12:24 PM

22 posts, read 53,917 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My family and I will be moving to S. Florida this summer and we are currently researching potential locations. I will be working near miami international and was curious about the commute from Broward to that area.

Weston and Pembroke pines are two communities that both seem to be desirable.

Anyone know what my commute would be from these two? I google earthed it and PP is closer but it looks as though the drive could be faster from weston considering the straight shot from there to miami international.

Also if anyone has any other suggestions for us we would appreciate it.

We are looking for homes in the 200-250 price range and good schools. We also like the idea of community pools/clubhouses. We lived in Tampa and had all of this and hope we can get it again.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 PM

137 posts, read 425,631 times
As far as I know you'll need to go north from weston and pass Pembroke Pines, so that is definetly closer. Now lauderdale intl. is more or less a direct shot down 595 from weston. If you chose west pembroke Pines, by far the best choice in pembroke, you also have Rt. 27 which is a straight shot to the airport. It does get a tad congested when you get closer to miami. I commute to Doral daily from West Miramar and its a piece of cake compared to DC where I moved from. My son commutes to FLL. My commute is easier. 595 is pretty awful during rush hour.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:14 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,574 times
I would suggest West Miramar and Pines since they both are close to MIA and offer good schools and better real estate values. You can't get a nice single family in Weston for that price. Miramar will give you the best value and easiest commute. My brother also lives there so I go down there often for family as well as business.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:46 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
sabanist>

Pembroke Pines is about 10 minutes closer to MIA airport from a geographical standpoint. But depending on where in Pembroke Pines you live, will determine which route you have to take to MIA airport. IF you live in the western portion close to I-75, you can easily commute on I-75 into NW Miami and jump on the Palmetto Expressway (SR-826). The traffic on the Palmetto gets pretty congested between 7:00 A.M. and about 9:30 A.M. so if you can leave before or after those times you can get there easily. You also have the option of taking I-75 to the Turnpike Extension, but there are tolls and you will have to cut back east on another highway.

Now, if you live in eastern Pembroke Pines, you have to take either Florida's Turnpike mainline down to the Palmetto, or you can use University Drive (NW 27th Avenue), Douglass Rd. (NW 37th Ave), or Red Road (NW 57th Ave) to go south to the Palmetto. Either way, you will have to utilize the Palmetto Expressway. Avoid using I-95 at all costs, because its gridlocked heading south into Miami-Dade County during the morning rush hours. The traffic on the Palmetto gets bad, but not as bad as 95.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:34 PM

22 posts, read 53,917 times
Wow, some really good responses. Thanks. How long do you estimate the commute to be from WEston, or West Pembroke Pines or east Pembroke Pines. We are completely ignorant to the area except for the internet so far. We plan on coming down for a week in June to look around for suitable housing.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM

45 posts, read 225,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar3 View Post
I would suggest West Miramar and Pines since they both are close to MIA and offer good schools and better real estate values. You can't get a nice single family in Weston for that price. Miramar will give you the best value and easiest commute. My brother also lives there so I go down there often for family as well as business.
Yes, I was also going to suggest WEST Miramar. West of I-75 has some nice sub-divisions, and you can just hope onto I-75 to go to Miami. I wouldn't really suggest anything east of Palm Boulevard. The price may be appealing, but the neighborhood generally isn't. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area