Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 01:57 PM

77 posts, read 297,409 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Me again! My husband's new company is providing us with temporary accomodates in Weston. We have a choice of the following complexes:
  • San Michele Weston OR
  • St. Andrews at Weston
I beleive San Michele are townhomes and St. Andrew are condos. Could anyone please tell us anything about these? Is one better than the other? (We have a toddler and a newborn if that makes a difference.)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 03:10 PM

188 posts, read 588,061 times
Newmommy,
We stayed at St. Andrews for a few months through Marriott Excustay. We had gone into both before staying there. St. Andrews people were very helpful and friendly. I couldn't get any info out of San Michele. I never got a tour of an apartment there. If you don't have to deal with the leasing staff,San Michele might be better at least from the out side.

I am sure that San Michele is newer.
I know they have garages. (extra cost)
Many of my son's friends live there and like it.
More in the center of Weston. You can walk to the town center. It is across the street.
I am not sure of other amenities

St. Andrews has nice grounds but is older.
Our kitchen and baths were quite tired!
They are in the Bonaventure section of Weston but still in a nice lococation and on a golf course.
They have a kids room, workout room, racket ball, Tennis Courts and pool.
They also allow pets. We have a medium size dog and cat.

I think if you want to get more of the feel of Weston San Michele might be better location but I can't vouch for the inside of the units.
I have gathered some info for you and will send it out this weekend.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
We were placed in a corporate condo at San Michele. If you are thinking of taking a unit there, make sure you see it first. Our carpets were absolutely filthy. We also had a major problem with sugar ants.
They came and sprayed several times, but the ants stayed. The only reason we didn't leave is that the condo was large enough for us. We had a three bedroom, 2 bath, with garage. Kids aren't allowed in the workout room without an adult, which I guess makes sense, but my kids weren't too happy about that rule. Lots of congregating teens at times too, but we had no issues with them except for noise.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:53 PM

98 posts, read 471,208 times
San Michele just went through renovations.... you have more info in the website, floorplans and everything....

Old 03-18-2009, 05:23 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,712,467 times
Just an fyi re sugar ants since they're so common down here. Spray doesn't work. Pick up a product called "Terro" from Home Depot or Lowes. Gets rid of them right away.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankev View Post
Newmommy,
We stayed at St. Andrews for a few months through Marriott Excustay. We had gone into both before staying there. St. Andrews people were very helpful and friendly. I couldn't get any info out of San Michele. I never got a tour of an apartment there. If you don't have to deal with the leasing staff,San Michele might be better at least from the out side.

I am sure that San Michele is newer.
I know they have garages. (extra cost)
Many of my son's friends live there and like it.
More in the center of Weston. You can walk to the town center. It is across the street.
I am not sure of other amenities

St. Andrews has nice grounds but is older.
Our kitchen and baths were quite tired!
They are in the Bonaventure section of Weston but still in a nice lococation and on a golf course.
They have a kids room, workout room, racket ball, Tennis Courts and pool.
They also allow pets. We have a medium size dog and cat.

I think if you want to get more of the feel of Weston San Michele might be better location but I can't vouch for the inside of the units.
I have gathered some info for you and will send it out this weekend.
Tankev-Thanks for the info you are sending me! You've been so helpful!!

I think we'll go with the San Michele. I think we'd like to be centrally located.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 PM

Happy to be of some help. I remember how difficult it was to choose the right area for our family in South Florida. This forum was a huge help. I think that after staying at St. Andrew's, I would choose San Michele also. Just gives you more of the Weston Feel.
Take Care

Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,768,637 times
Hey New, are there any other options? I read some reviews that weren't so great about San Michele, but that could all be a misunderstanding. Google it.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Hey New, are there any other options? I read some reviews that weren't so great about San Michele, but that could all be a misunderstanding. Google it.
Uh oh...I don't think we have any other options, but I will google San Michele tonight to see some of the comments. Thanks!!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM

drove by there today. From the outside they look great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area