Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 30,367 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a league in the Fort Lauderdale/Broward area.

Any help is good help thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 01:21 PM

3 posts, read 24,740 times
Default Men's Basketball league in the Fort Lauderdale area

Check out the Tamarac Mens Basketball league: [url=http://miami.sportsvite.com/teams/FTLBasketball]
I have enjoyed playing in this league for 15 years

Brad
Moderator cut: please dm poster for additional info

Last edited by fauve; 06-02-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 8,392 times
Brad - how can I sign up for this Basketball League??

Old 12-09-2009, 05:36 PM

If you are at least 30 years old and would like to join the Tamarac Men's Basketball league, send me an email with your mobile number and I will contact you directly. We draft completely new teams each season so contact me in November for the Spring season that starts in Jan, in March for the Summer season that starts in May, or in June for the Fall season that starts in August. Once you have paid the fees for the upcoming season, I'll invite you to join us for an open gym nite between seasons so the coaches can see you play. I'll take your picture and record your height and weight to help the coaches draft fair teams. Net result is a competive league with a lot of close games and win-loss records. I know we collectively do a good job of drafting because we typically go deep into the tie-breaker scenarios to determine the playoff teams

Brad
Moderator cut: please DM poster for additional info

Last edited by fauve; 06-02-2010 at 09:14 PM..

Old 06-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Thumbs up Men's basketball league now 8 teams and playing twice a week

Thanks to this posting, the Sportsvite site (url=http://miami.sportsvite.com/teams/FTLBasketball) and friends hooking up friends, we expanded the Tamarac Men's Basketball league from six teams to eight teams begining with the Summer season 2010. The Tamarac recreation director has been very accomodating and is keeping the gym open later on Thursday nights so we can run four games a night. He even worked it out so all the guys in the league may play pick-up games on Sundays. If you have a year round basketball jones, stop by the gym on a Thursday night to check it out.

Brad
Moderator cut: please DM poster for additional info

Last edited by fauve; 06-02-2010 at 09:13 PM..

Old 06-05-2010, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 7,626 times
Hi Brad, I called the numbers on the Tamarac website for the basketball league but both are not working numbers. Is there another number for me to call? Thanks in advance for your help. Jim

Old 11-16-2010, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,963 times
Brad,

I am 24 years old and new to the area. Is there another league you know of that I could participate in??

Thanks,

Tim

Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 6,621 times
Hi i am new to the fort lauderdale area. Just moved from NY and i am 25 yrs old. Looking for a basketball league to join. any info would help thanks

Old 08-02-2011, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,913 times
Hi my name is Lamar and im 21 looking from a basketball team to join.I just moved here from new york and now in the ft lauderdale area. How can I go about doing this?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 5,856 times
Default hi

trying to join a leauge for adult basketball im a very skilled player who wants to build up film so any one will do for now ty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area