Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:28 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times

Advertisements

I saw this question on another site and thought it was a great idea... anyway we will be visiting Fort Lauderdale in two weeks (no children) and I was wondering if anyone has been to some really good restaurants in the area...we will be staying at Hilton on A1A (?) which is between Los Olas and Sunrise.....Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
What kind of food do you like? There are a ton of good restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:21 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
What kind of food do you like? There are a ton of good restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.
All types.......but the preference would be on sea food....

Old 04-04-2008, 08:30 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Check out the 15th Street Fisheries. Very old Florida feeling to it. During lunch it's usually downstairs. I recommend sitting out on the deck and looking at the intercoastal. The service there will treat you like family and the lunch menu is casual and unpretentious. For dinner, they have a room upstairs. It's more formal with the same beautiful views, and the prices are more expensive and the menu is more upscaled, but it's an experience I would recommend for a tourist because of the old Florida atmosphere, although it doesn't feel touristy at all.

But aside from that, it really matters what else you want.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
If you like hotdogs there is a WICKED hot dog spot on broward a few yards west of 441 on the south side of the street.

Hamburgers I am partial to cheburger cheburger (spelling).

For Subs, laspatas this is on on university drive in Davie, across from Nova University (well diagonal)

For Indian food, Madras Cafe, which is on powerline road. There is also Bombay cafe which is on Andrews, just south of Commercial on the east side of the street.

For Brazilian food, Chima on Los Olas = the truth

Jamaican Food = Aunt I's on 441, is about a block north of Sunrise Blvd on the east side of the road.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 AM

I don't think they want to go to Broward Blvd west of 441 as tourists . No but really I know the spot you are talking about. That place is effin awesome. Can't remember the name.

Mannnnnn I love Chima.

If you want a gooooood breakfast check out The Floridian on Las Olas. Not a fancy place but the prices are reasonable and it's a well known local spot.

For Greek I am partial to Taverna Greek Islands past Oakland Park on A1A. It is kind of crowded but the food is verrrrrry good. Please do yourself a favor and order the lamb chops.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:46 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I don't think they want to go to Broward Blvd west of 441 as tourists . No but really I know the spot you are talking about. That place is effin awesome. Can't remember the name.

Mannnnnn I love Chima.

If you want a gooooood breakfast check out The Floridian on Las Olas. Not a fancy place but the prices are reasonable and it's a well known local spot.

For Greek I am partial to Taverna Greek Islands past Oakland Park on A1A.
why wouldn't they? It is a safe area in fact there is a Golf Course back in that area with some VERY nice homes. Knew a guy who bought a six bedroom place with a adjoining apartment and half acre of land back there. That area is safe, working class. Now if it was east of 441 and on the north side of the street, that would be a different situation.

For greek I heard Giovannis (i think that is the name) is the best. I had a Greek friend at one time. He and his family hung out at this place. He told me the local Greek community goes here a lot and the waitresses dance on the tables and throw dishes (that Greek tradition thing). I knew a girl from Cyprus who used to work there, said the food was real good too.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
why wouldn't they? It is a safe area in fact there is a Gulf Course back in that area with some VERY nice homes. Knew a guy who bought a six bedroom place with a adjoining apartment and half acre of land back there. That area is safe, working class. Now if it was east of 441 and on the north side of the street, that would be a different situation.
West of 441? Yeah your right that's not bad. I'm confusing it with Davie Blvd which isn't really unsafe either. It's the spot in between there and 95 that can be bad mainly at night. During the day it's fine assuming you don't stray off path too far. I have acutally seen a big improvement in that area as far as safety. I wouldn't even drive through there 5 years ago.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:54 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
Mark's Las Olas !!! Pricey...but delicious !

and Chima's brazilian steakhose in Las Olas's too ! If you have never tried an authentic Rodizio type brazilian steakhouse where they come to your table with the meat and carve at your tabe.....I am talking 7-12 kinds of meats, pork and chicken....then you are missing out ! Now is the time to try it ! DELICIOUS and all you can eat. Make SURE to order a traditional Caipirinha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You will love it !

Check it out !!! Chima Brazilian Steakhouse

Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
and if you love sushi, you need to DEFINITELY check out the # 1 rated sushi restaurant in Broward/Palm beach according to New Times magazine (they come out with the # 1 restaurant list every year for the past decade or so...very reputable), then MAKE Sure to eat at Emunah...it's close to where your at ! Commercial and A1A I believe.

Mod deleted Cafe Emunah, Kabbalah Cuisine--Miami

Last edited by sunrico90; 04-04-2008 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: links to blog not allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area