Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 AM

222 posts, read 473,219 times

Advertisements

A quote from the piece:

"While national news outlets report the rest of the country could be in for a fall, nationwide analysts fail to recognize SW Florida has fallen for over 5 years and is actually on its way up. All real estate is Local, and our market is artificially priced too low, as much as 40% below replacement cost in some instances. As distressed inventory is shrinking, we’ve seen median sales price increases because the market cannot sustain these artificial low prices forever."

Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,350,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
sure, coming from a real estate agent.
Ditto

Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Let's be real. There are some low priced homes but they need work. Some people don't take much care of their homes and others are empty getting kind of seedy looking .Quite a few houses that have no air conditioners , and then some houses are stripped of cabinets inside.

After we were in it our home in the Cape a few months , my husband had it looking awesomely clean with his pressure washer on the driveway and cleaning all the gutters and soffits.

I bought a home that was new but the grass was dead. It took two years (with much hard work might I add) for a healthy lawn to be established and I bet my neighbors are glad too. Now I am getting compliments how beautiful the lawn looks!!

We added some palms and bushes to make it look lived it. There was nothing alive outside and did not have one bush or tree. It is still a work in progress. It has given an incentive to some people in my neighborhood to plant more palm trees who are new in the area. I find the people here very friendly and genuine.

The people in the Cape make it a wonderful place to live!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:22 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,093,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
sure, coming from a real estate agent.

she's giving us first hand knowledge of the market, what problem do you have with that? the fact that she is an agent gives her access to information that other's don't have.. What do you do for work? Does it give you better insight into this local market? if so share your experiences.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:34 AM

Before this is going to be a wonderful place to live the problems will have to be solved.
As in bringing business to the area, and a responsible government that works with in it's means.
Not tries to stick it to the property owners just to get more revenue. People that are going to retire here are going to go to the places that are best affordable to them.
Let's face it There are just too many "retirement communities around.
Cape Coral, 120 Square miles, Of retirement community
Lehigh Acres, 100 Square miles, Of retirement community
Bonita springs, South Fort myers, and so on the whole of SWFL is a retirement community I'd say we have "Retirement Community Buildup"
That is the problem that was created by greed, and SWFL is not a viable community until it gets business here.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:35 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,093,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let's be real. There are some low priced homes but they need work. Some people don't take much care of their homes and others are empty getting kind of seedy looking .Quite a few houses that have no air conditioners , and then some houses are stripped of cabinets inside.

After we were in it our home in the Cape a few months , my husband had it looking awesomely clean with his pressure washer on the driveway and cleaning all the gutters and soffits.

I bought a home that was new but the grass was dead. It took two years (with much hard work might I add) for a healthy lawn to be established and I bet my neighbors are glad too. Now I am getting compliments how beautiful the lawn looks!!

We added some palms and bushes to make it look lived it. There was nothing alive outside and did not have one bush or tree. It is still a work in progress. It has given an incentive to some people in my neighborhood to plant more palm trees who are new in the area. I find the people here very friendly and genuine.

The people in the Cape make it a wonderful place to live!

we have seen a similar thing going on in our neighborhood. it went from very free trees and minimal landscaping. Then 1 house put in 4 large full grown palms, and then it almost became a keeping up with the jones' now out of the 13 houses on the street 5 are landscaped to the hilt. it makes a huge difference. The common denominator is they are all owner occupied while most of the others are renters. there are 3 that will potentially go up for sale over the next year and hopefully they will be bought by people who plan to use them as opposed to rentals.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Real Estate agents do see what is on the market daily and know what the bidding war can bring for a home. There is tough competition with each real estate agent trying to get that home for their client at a good price. CCresi is in the game . Knowing what is on the market and what they are selling for -plus doing walk throughs is one awesome factual view of what is moving and what the numbers are and what a buyer gets for the money.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Real Estate agents do see what is on the market daily and know what the bidding war can bring for a home. There is tough competition with each real estate agent trying to get that home for their client at a good price. CCresi is in the game . Knowing what is on the market and what they are selling for -plus doing walk throughs is one awesome factual view of what is moving and what the numbers are and what a buyer gets for the money.
Many foreclosures are being with held, "the market is fixed"
Buyers know this, only the uninformed are letting themselves being talked in to a betting war

Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 AM

964 posts, read 2,065,008 times
I may be missing something, but Florida has always been considered to be a retirement haven, hasn't it? Has been for decades, and for good reason. Retirees have disposable income that contributes heavily to the sales tax base and are not a drain on the social services network. Repeat after me: Retirees are good for Florida. That's why surrounding states are tripping over themselves vying for their business.

The retiree demographic is heavily courted by states that understand this quotient. Florida isn't even listed as one of the top 10 states friendly to retirees:

State-by-State Guide to Taxes on Retirees, 2010-2011

Considering the governor's recent vetoes of the high speed railroad and his other "business friendly" initiatives, the problems you state are not endemic to SWFL alone but to the entire state.The officials in Cape Coral, for all their faults, are working hard to bring federal / private monies in to encourage growth around the new Veterans Medical Center in the NE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Before this is going to be a wonderful place to live the problems will have to be solved.
As in bringing business to the area, and a responsible government that works with in it's means.
Not tries to stick it to the property owners just to get more revenue. People that are going to retire here are going to go to the places that are best affordable to them.
Let's face it There are just too many "retirement communities around.
Cape Coral, 120 Square miles, Of retirement community
Lehigh Acres, 100 Square miles, Of retirement community
Bonita springs, South Fort myers, and so on the whole of SWFL is a retirement community I'd say we have "Retirement Community Buildup"
That is the problem that was created by greed, and SWFL is not a viable community until it gets business here.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
we have seen a similar thing going on in our neighborhood. it went from very free trees and minimal landscaping. Then 1 house put in 4 large full grown palms, and then it almost became a keeping up with the jones' now out of the 13 houses on the street 5 are landscaped to the hilt. it makes a huge difference. The common denominator is they are all owner occupied while most of the others are renters. there are 3 that will potentially go up for sale over the next year and hopefully they will be bought by people who plan to use them as opposed to rentals.
I don't know if it is keeping up with the Jones.it could be for some. I see it for myself as inspiring and loving what someone else does with their home and getting and giving ideas .

Many do get the WE HAVE TOO keep up with the Jone's...ugh..no inspiration there..., but I see it in a more positive kind of inspiration and actually the whole neighborhood does benefit. I always tell my neighbors how I enjoy their flowering bushes and beautiful ideas they have mastered for their homes. We see the neighborhood as helping one another and complimenting each endeavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area