Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:35 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,045,998 times

Advertisements

How does the cities of Ft Myers and surrounding areas compare to the Atlantic side~? Is it tropical too~? Is it easy to drive around and find your way~? I've been to Delray Beach twice and thought of trying the other side to vacation and maybe find a vacation home too. Plus, I heard that more mid-westerns go to this side of the state. I literally had a senior citizen telling me I was on the wrong side of the state and I think she was from NY or somewhere up east. Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 09:02 AM

222 posts, read 472,920 times
Gulf side for me!

Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 AM
npz

208 posts, read 323,289 times
I definitely prefer the Gulf side. I prefer the beaches, you get beach sunsets. It's incredibly easy to drive around, (I haven't got lost yet!) and in general there is a really good relaxed feel to the area.

I think there are more mid-westerners on this side, and more New Yorkers (and surrounding areas) on the Atlantic side.

I like Miami, but for a place to live, my vote is for Naples!!

Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,949 times
It's very much a personal preference. They have pretty different appeals. I find the gulf side more laid back and friendlier/ safer. but for a young person south beach and ft lauderdale would be more appealing. I prefer the gulf side , but someone else may prefer the atlantic. I would think if you are asking on this forum it would be heavily weighted to the gulf side as this is where people have chosen. and if you went to a forum on the atlantic side it would be just as biased the other way.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,045,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
It's very much a personal preference. They have pretty different appeals. I find the gulf side more laid back and friendlier/ safer. but for a young person south beach and ft lauderdale would be more appealing. I prefer the gulf side , but someone else may prefer the atlantic. I would think if you are asking on this forum it would be heavily weighted to the gulf side as this is where people have chosen. and if you went to a forum on the atlantic side it would be just as biased the other way.
I was in Delray recently for my 2nd time. This time I had someone to literally ask me, "why I was there and how I belong on the other side of the ocean"~!

Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 AM

646 posts, read 1,641,730 times
Depends what you are looking for....

Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 AM

63 posts, read 149,899 times
Hey! I've been to Ft Myers three times and I found it extremely easy to navigate the city, even the first time I went. I like it much better than Ft Lauderdale.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Daytona Beach is great for bikers... the iron horse kind of bike. Many biker bars and Bike Week of course.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:07 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,910,344 times
We're moving to the west coast in a bit, and my husband and I had the east coast/west coast debate. We chose the west coast because there is (typically) less violent crime, a more laid back lifestyle (for people like me), friendlier people, more for nature/outdoor lovers, and it just suits our lifestyle. If I could, I'd even consider Key West....but I don't see that happening.

I enjoy visiting Miami Beach and Hollywood Beach, but the lifestyle is too fast-paced and uptight for these two southern Delawarean bumpkins. So, the west coast it is!!

Taratova--my cousin lives outside Daytona Beach and he loves it there. He's big into the biker scene.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,802 times
If you like the action on the east coast it is only a little more than 2 hours to drive there from Cape Coral/Fort Myers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area