Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 07:44 PM

144 posts, read 824,750 times

Advertisements

LeHigh is a joke! It's full of cheaply built first time homeowner homes.....and full of drugs and crime. They are trying in vain to develope LeHigh...I lived in Lee County for 24 yrs and LeHigh was and is still the biggest joke of the county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2006, 08:41 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milabs View Post
LeHigh is a joke! It's full of cheaply built first time homeowner homes.....and full of drugs and crime. They are trying in vain to develope LeHigh...I lived in Lee County for 24 yrs and LeHigh was and is still the biggest joke of the county.
I would not necessarily say that, check out this place, Copperhead Golf and Country Club, do a google search, they are building what may be the best homes in the state. Solid poured concrete and steel construction almost hurricane proof. We will be building a home similar on our property. It is really the only way homes should be built in most parts of Florida and doesn't really cost any more to do.

In some respects it can be cheaper because it requires less labor. We will be having the contractor building the shell of the house and finish it ourselves in side. We should save a fortune and have a better house. We have even been buying what we will need already. I bought out a building supply that was going out of business and have lots of stuff like tile, wire doors all sorts of electrical and plumbing stuff in my warehouse at like 25 cents on the dollar. I also have gotten some really unique stuff at demolition sales. You would not believe what you can find.

Last edited by macguy; 09-08-2006 at 08:49 PM..

Old 09-09-2006, 05:40 AM

10 posts, read 40,885 times
my sister lives in lehigh, she hates it and says that it is overcrowded and the real estate is WAY overpriced. her husband is in real estate and advises to not buy in lehigh now as the price is way to high, and nothing is moving. look at mercedes homes web site and find lehigh, they will almost give you a house if you want one. lennar is the same story. a "buliders" lot is around 90k if you can find one

Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 PM

165 posts, read 653,070 times
Red face investing

Right now is not the greatest time to buy investment real estate UNLESS you really know what you are doing. (I did it on a small scale years ago.) ................................ If you do buy, research your choices well and be careful--real careful--of these crazy option ARMS (adjustable rate mortgages)--they can ruin you.... Also, buy for longer term and rent..... Flipping houses today is almost always a money loser with the present economy. Also make sure you can handle being a landlord.... All places have good and bad reasons to buy......but places that have a lot of houses/duplexes for sale AND they are having a hard time selling them is a big red flag...... Also, you have to know what you are doing to invest in "investor" areas...... Wish you the best.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:58 PM

200 posts, read 878,040 times
In the late 60s/early 70s buying land in Lehigh was a scheme...and yes, it was known as "home of the newly weds and nearly deads" but I know people that live in Lehigh Acres now and it seems no different than other town. There are still some nice and/or quiet areas but then there are bad areas too. I have noticed alot of new businesses and alot of new job growth in the area. It's not the Lehigh of the 60s/70s.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:51 AM

23 posts, read 109,900 times
My brother-in-law bought some land and a house in Lehigh Acres about 5 years ago. He saw an infomercial in MA. He likes it very much. This is his first home, a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath 1 level house.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Lehigh is currently priced twice as high as it should be. Just wait, the prices will return to reality. Even my Hendry county land is valued at 4 times it's real worth. The crash can't come fast enough for me though.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,814 times
Smile Lehigh Acres

check out www.lehighacreswatchdog.com (broken link)

Old 04-08-2007, 10:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,814 times
Default Lehigh Acre new website

check out www.lehighacreswatchdog.com

Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
It's an old, big development that went "flop". There are tons of vaccant lots for sale out there. Even on Ebay. Unless you've always wanted to live in Lehigh Acres, I would't touch one of those lots with a 100' pole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area