Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 AM

407 posts, read 828,879 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone, So I moved to Fort Myers area back in January. I've notice since my move here there are a lot of out of state vehicles and rental cars. Is it because this is the tourist season? Warm climate here, cold climate up north? Is it like this in the summer as well?

Are there any beaches around here that residents can escape to?

Just curious, thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM

244 posts, read 487,530 times
Yes Snowbird Season and as long as it is still so cold up North, they are not going home. No summer is quieter, just the Europeans are coming to Florida - all the snowbirds will be up north. If you would like to go to the beach right now and escape the tourists, go to Sanible Island or take the Ferry over to Cayo Costa. (Ferry leaves from Pineland - Pine Island)

Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzmanLI View Post
Hi Everyone, So I moved to Fort Myers area back in January. I've notice since my move here there are a lot of out of state vehicles and rental cars. Is it because this is the tourist season? Warm climate here, cold climate up north? Is it like this in the summer as well?

Are there any beaches around here that residents can escape to?

Just curious, thank you
Have you been in a coma since you got here?

Old 04-07-2013, 12:52 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Have you been in a coma since you got here?

lol That's what I was thinking! How can you live in Fort Myers for several months and not know about Fort Myers Beach?? Wow.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monikac21 View Post
Yes Snowbird Season and as long as it is still so cold up North, they are not going home. No summer is quieter, just the Europeans are coming to Florida - all the snowbirds will be up north. If you would like to go to the beach right now and escape the tourists, go to Sanible Island or take the Ferry over to Cayo Costa. (Ferry leaves from Pineland - Pine Island)
The OP wrote that he spent a weekend on Sanibel Island in other threads, so maybe what he meant to ask is where there are some uncrowded beaches without tourists. However, even during the height of the season, there is usually plenty of room on Bowman's Beach if you take a short stroll away from the parking lot access.

In a few weeks most of the snowbirds and tourists will be gone, although I've rarely had trouble finding an isolated spot on the beach, except on holidays like July 4. I usually don't go to the beach during the winter months.

In the spring & summer months, the sun shines until after 8, and it's very peaceful during the late afternoon & early evening hours. When I lived in Bonita Springs, some evenings I would take a long walk after work from Barefoot Beach all the way to Wiggins Pass without seeing another person! (except for the occasional pervert behind the sea oats)

It's also nice to go to the beach on a cloudy day or during a light rain (not an electrical storm, of course) when the sun worshipers are gone. BTW, you can still get plenty of rays when it's cloudy, so use protection if you burn easily.

Here is a link from which you can purchase a parking sticker for all of the Lee County Parks/Beaches.

[url=http://www.leeparks.org/]Lee County Parks & Recreation | Lee County Government[/url]

NOTE: Barefoot Beach is in Collier County and I do not think a Lee County sticker is acceptable.

You can also purchase an annual pass to the Florida State parks and beaches.

[url=http://www.floridastateparks.org/findapark/district-southwest.cfm]Welcome to Florida State Parks[/url]

Wiggins Pass, which is in North Naples, just south of Lee County, is a beautiful beach. Stump Pass is very quiet too, but it's in Englewood. Gasparilla Island is another nice place to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area