Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:17 PM

518 posts, read 1,231,966 times

Advertisements

Will the new woman mayor come out on top if a recount is asked for and done? At least some of these people were voted out after all these new ways they keep adding taxes without putting it to a vote to the people. Or for that matter listening to the people at all? Maybe she might be able to do something a little less corrupt if she can stay in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,300,403 times
There will not be a recount. That's official.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:42 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiege1224 View Post
Will the new woman mayor come out on top if a recount is asked for and done? At least some of these people were voted out after all these new ways they keep adding taxes without putting it to a vote to the people. Or for that matter listening to the people at all? Maybe she might be able to do something a little less corrupt if she can stay in office.
She is a liberal who will increase spending and taxes I'm sorry to say.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:18 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,677 times
That's probably why she didn't use the "D" word in any of her ads.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:28 AM

544 posts, read 1,439,896 times
I voted for her. From what I've read on here about the current administration it's pretty corrupt. Why would you keep voting for them if that is true? The current administration also voted to raise taxes without input from the people so I'd say that they're the ones who spend money they don't have. I was able to find out her party affiliation, if you do your research it's not that difficult. The "conservatives" just cost the country billions shutting down the government and you want more of the same? Sheesh...oh and BTW I am a flaming Liberal.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:18 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,094,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekocat View Post
I voted for her. From what I've read on here about the current administration it's pretty corrupt. Why would you keep voting for them if that is true? The current administration also voted to raise taxes without input from the people so I'd say that they're the ones who spend money they don't have. I was able to find out her party affiliation, if you do your research it's not that difficult. The "conservatives" just cost the country billions shutting down the government and you want more of the same? Sheesh...oh and BTW I am a flaming Liberal.
actually the guy that was voted out always said no to the tax increases. I didn't see much from most that were voted in that made me think any were worthy or qualified, I think it was more of an indictment of voting against the incumbents vs voting the newbies in. Burch is the obvious exception being the former mayor and council member.

I think as a whole the people that were voted out wanted to keep costs low and the people who were voted in want to spend money.

what is most disappointing is only 11% of people even went out to vote so thank you to everyone who voted regardless of who you voted for

Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 AM

518 posts, read 1,231,966 times
The old mayor always voted no on all tax increases and the land deal purchase. But anyone in control like him you would think he could get the others to go his way. Not once did he sway anyone his way. He lost every time. You should have voted them all out and started with a whole new group. This town is going to end up like Detroit or PR one day at the pace they are spending.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:24 PM

The only real big spending was the new water treatment plant. I can see why they did it. They were expecting a continued increase in the number of new residents at the pace of the early 2000's. It didn't happen that way but we don't have to worry about the city outgrowing its water supply for the next 50 years. BTW Mayor Sullivan was strongly against that utility being built.
I heard today that he hasn't decided on whether to ask for a recount. He can since the margin of victory was under 1% of the vote, 113 votes.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM

544 posts, read 1,439,896 times
I believe they finished counting provisional ballots on Friday and the votes went up to 120 which will not automatically trigger a recount. If the Mayor wants one he'll have to pay for it out of his pocket.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekocat View Post
I believe they finished counting provisional ballots on Friday and the votes went up to 120 which will not automatically trigger a recount. If the Mayor wants one he'll have to pay for it out of his pocket.
$1000.00,I'm sure his supporters can handle that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area