Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 01:19 PM

198 posts, read 482,402 times

Advertisements

A vacant lot next to our home went up for sale in the NW section of CC near Chiquita last summer. I just noticed it sold in November. I did some research on the Lee County Property Appraiser site and noticed it sold for the asking price to an individual from Hong Kong. A relative of ours who lives about a mile from had a lot for sale next to her. I also checked the status of that lot and found out this lot also sold in December for the asking price to another individual from Hong Kong. There is nothing special about these lots (non canal lots). I know there is a bit of wealth in Hong Kong, maybe these folks are just investors
I realize there are many Europeans buying in the SW FL area, but did not know the area was so popular to Asians. Just curious what others my think. This was more of an observation to me, nothing more than being surprised by apparent worldwide popularity of the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 03:04 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
This is being discussed a bit in the P&OC section of the forum in a thread titled the "Chinese Invasion of America".

I noted there that when I took the RE licensure course last year, there was a Chinese national in the class that stated he was instructed to come here and obtain a license.(Draw your own conclusions) I leased a home on sw 21st a couple years back that was absentee owned by a Chinese national.

CN.......

Old 03-14-2015, 09:08 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
I can't blame them. I bought here too. Besides we can use more Chinese restaurants.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:16 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
we can use more Chinese restaurants.
Really?

I'd like to see a Polish one.......just one.

CN.......

Old 03-15-2015, 05:41 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Chinese investors make up 6 percent of purchases in state of Florida according to recent report actually replacing Brazilian investors. Its only going to get higher as real estate in LA , NYC gets more expensive and they realized its a bargain here.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:05 AM

45 posts, read 63,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Really?

CN.......
I'd settle for a deli . . . with sausage!

Old 03-15-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Really?

CN.......
Not much good Chinese food here. My favorite is Siam Hut which is really Thai food.
I heard from a polish friend that this place is good and fairly priced. I haven"t tried it yet.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Belve...13210958815263

another link to it:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...l_Florida.html

Old 03-15-2015, 04:21 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsme View Post
A vacant lot next to our home went up for sale in the NW section of CC near Chiquita last summer. I just noticed it sold in November. I did some research on the Lee County Property Appraiser site and noticed it sold for the asking price to an individual from Hong Kong. A relative of ours who lives about a mile from had a lot for sale next to her. I also checked the status of that lot and found out this lot also sold in December for the asking price to another individual from Hong Kong. There is nothing special about these lots (non canal lots). I know there is a bit of wealth in Hong Kong, maybe these folks are just investors
I realize there are many Europeans buying in the SW FL area, but did not know the area was so popular to Asians. Just curious what others my think. This was more of an observation to me, nothing more than being surprised by apparent worldwide popularity of the area.
FL is ful of foreign investors now, buying up homes, lots.

Put it this way, working in the industry and being in FL, I'd not have a job if not for foreign investors.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 5,647 times
Default Polish Restaurant

Quote:
Really?

CN.......
Take heart! There is a great little Polish Restaurant in Cape Coral at 4518 Del Prado S. It is called Belvedere Bistro but it is hidden in a small strip mall and easily missed. Search it out, the food is well worth the effort

Old 03-17-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTmigrant View Post
Take heart! There is a great little Polish Restaurant in Cape Coral at 4518 Del Prado S. It is called Belvedere Bistro but it is hidden in a small strip mall and easily missed. Search it out, the food is well worth the effort
See post #7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: