Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 12:10 PM

180 posts, read 277,302 times

Advertisements

We are looking to get estimates for a small screened enclosure, and also to add a door to an existing cage. I called a couple companies and it appears they don't care to do these small jobs. Can anyone recommend someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 01:58 PM

390 posts, read 635,596 times
I needed to get a screen section replaced on the roof of my cage. I contacted every company I could find. Five didn't respond at all. Four said they would have someone call and never did. Two came to my house, offered a bid, agreed to do the work at a later date, then never showed up to do it. I finally just figured out a way to do it myself. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,336,961 times
Clearview did my enclosure. They were great! Clear View Screen Enclosures - Commercial Residential Aluminum - Venice, FL

Old 06-14-2016, 04:45 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,365,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
I needed to get a screen section replaced on the roof of my cage. I contacted every company I could find. Five didn't respond at all. Four said they would have someone call and never did. Two came to my house, offered a bid, agreed to do the work at a later date, then never showed up to do it. I finally just figured out a way to do it myself. I hope you have better luck than I did.
Call Dr. Screen. Due to the proximity of some royal palms to our enclosure, we get screen panels damaged from time to time. Dr. Screen will come out and replace those. They are fast and do good work.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:22 AM

Dr. Screen was one of the companies that wouldn't respond.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:31 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,365,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
Dr. Screen was one of the companies that wouldn't respond.
Did you call them or email them? They can be a bit deficient in responding to emails when busy but seem to respond better to calls. I found that out the hard way, but now that I know, I only call and they have been very responsive.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:10 PM

I don't remember. I do know I tried more than once with every company that didn't respond. Maybe if answering email isn't their thing, then they should get rid of that as an option. The top of that cage is about 17 feet off the ground. Doing it myself was easily the most dangerous thing I've done in years. I'm too old for that crap. As satisfying as it was to pull it off without breaking my neck, it really ticks me off that I ended up with no choice but that or just leave it damaged. Hopefully rikoshaprl's recommendation will come through if I ever need it again, because I sure as hell am not trying again with any of the ones that couldn't be bothered this time.

The funny thing is, the ones that did offer bids and then didn't show seemed pretty cheap for what the job requires. If it isn't enough to make it worth their while, then charge more. I'd have happily paid more than twice what they said in order to not spend six hours of a day off, not to mention avoiding the risk, to have someone do it who knows what they're doing and has the right equipment to do it safely.

Old 09-13-2016, 09:30 AM

33 posts, read 31,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinewi View Post
We are looking to get estimates for a small screened enclosure, and also to add a door to an existing cage. I called a couple companies and it appears they don't care to do these small jobs. Can anyone recommend someone?
Most screen companies have a couple thousand dollar minimum on new small screen enclosures because they require a permit & engineering just like the 'big ones'-- unfortunately I think many are too busy to call you back and explain that, especially since the miniumum price is usually beyond the budget or anticipated price. Adding a door is pretty simple though. In your area, Gulf Coast Aluminum should be able to handle that quickly.

Moderator cut: Advertising

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 10-20-2016 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: Advertising

Old 09-13-2016, 06:35 PM

45 posts, read 63,683 times
We used Mark's Rescreening this summer to recover our cage and were very happy with both the price and the workmanship.
https://marksrescreening.wordpress.com/

Old 09-14-2016, 05:42 AM

27 posts, read 19,799 times
We used ABC Screenmasters to install a screen in our front entryway. He also gave us estimates for a half and full (pool) size cage out back for our future consideration. Very competitive prices. The guy who installed the screen out front took extra time to make sure it was going to match the design of the house. He did a great job.

Aluminum Structures - Cape Coral, FL - ABC Screen Masters
ask for Wayne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area