Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 01:34 PM

351 posts, read 666,650 times

Advertisements

Most of the houses down there don't have fenced yards? Or else their a 4 foot picked fence? I have a dog so do they even have 6 foot fences? It looks like a great place to live but I need a fence for my dog? Can anyone tell me about this because I have looked at a lot of house on the Internet and I can't find many backyards with a 6 foot fence yard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 01:43 PM

390 posts, read 634,682 times
We had difficulty with this because many communities don't allow them. It's one of the reasons why we chose Cape Coral. Even there, most of the houses we looked at didn't have them. We ended up buying a house without one and having it built.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:51 PM

179 posts, read 347,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul62 View Post
Most of the houses down there don't have fenced yards? Or else their a 4 foot picked fence? I have a dog so do they even have 6 foot fences? It looks like a great place to live but I need a fence for my dog? Can anyone tell me about this because I have looked at a lot of house on the Internet and I can't find many backyards with a 6 foot fence yard?

When I lived in the north, there were a lot of 6-foot fences. The downside to those tall fences is that they often isolate neighbor from neighbor. With those tall fences, there was very little interaction between neighbors, so there was a general feeling of the neighborhood being less friendly. People down here seem more outgoing and enjoy talking to and interacting with their neighbors (for the most part ... Sure, there are exceptions). This is something you might consider when choosing a fence. It's up to you. Perhaps, only fence off a smaller part of the yard with the tall fence, and leave most of it open or have a shorter fence in the rest of the yard? Lots of options. If you are in an HOA, there's a good chance that there are required guidelines to fence design and height. Check first.

Good luck.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:48 PM

180 posts, read 276,899 times
I see a fair number of chain link fences around the back yards.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:50 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
We had difficulty with this because many communities don't allow them. It's one of the reasons why we chose Cape Coral. Even there, most of the houses we looked at didn't have them. We ended up buying a house without one and having it built.

I don't know how long you have lived in Cape Coral but when we moved there in 1985 you were only allowed to have a 4 foot fence. We left in 1990 for NC and didn't return until 1999. By then the rule had obviously been changed to allow taller fences. I always thought the 4 foot rule ridiculous. We used to have a Border Collie/Husky mix that would jump over a 5 foot fence like it 2 feet tall.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:29 AM

390 posts, read 634,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I don't know how long you have lived in Cape Coral but when we moved there in 1985 you were only allowed to have a 4 foot fence. We left in 1990 for NC and didn't return until 1999. By then the rule had obviously been changed to allow taller fences. I always thought the 4 foot rule ridiculous. We used to have a Border Collie/Husky mix that would jump over a 5 foot fence like it 2 feet tall.
It will be two years ago on Sunday that we closed on our house. I'm told it also wasn't long ago that I wouldn't have been allowed to park my pickup in the driveway. With barely an inch of clearance front to back in the garage, that would have been a problem. I'd have no way to get to the beer fridge from inside when the garage door was closed.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:50 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
I'd have no way to get to the beer fridge from inside when the garage door was closed.
Now that is a problem! haha

Old 09-30-2016, 08:43 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
The only 6 foot fences I've seen in Cape Coral are those white vinyl ones, they provide privacy too. You don't really see too many fenced yards in this area.

I was gonna show you an example of a home near where I lived. the street view shows the old wooden fence, but the saellite view shows the new one.
Attached Thumbnails
Fence Yards?-fence-2.png   Fence Yards?-fence.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area