Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 12:01 PM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times

Advertisements

Is the gas situation easing up? Trying to plan when to go back but want to make sure there is gas.
Filling up at GA/FL line will not get me all the way to Cape Coral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 03:38 PM

297 posts, read 509,868 times
Made the trip back on Tues. from Atlanta. Came straight down 75. Gas was normal in Ga. no problem. Once we reached Gainesville and Ocala, power was spotty, gas stations had long lines if they were open. Got fuel (we were in a diesel) at exit 314, they had gas also, but their were lines. Tampa, Sarasota area was hit or miss. Couldn't tell much from rt 75. Once we got to Punta Gorda more open, but were sold out, and those that had gas had lines.
Don't know if the situation is worse or better now, the places that had electric had lines if they had gas, or were sold out waiting on a delivery. Places that had no electric, you couldn't tell unless you got off the exit, it was a guessing game. We carried extra fuel in 6 gallon cans, just in case, ended up not needing them. Miles of convoys of line trucks and tree trimming services were riding in the right lane, seriously for miles. So traffic was reduced by a lane in most areas, 2 lane down to one, 3 lane down to 2. It moved, just not fast.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak Boater View Post
Made the trip back on Tues. from Atlanta. Came straight down 75. Gas was normal in Ga. no problem. Once we reached Gainesville and Ocala, power was spotty, gas stations had long lines if they were open. Got fuel (we were in a diesel) at exit 314, they had gas also, but their were lines. Tampa, Sarasota area was hit or miss. Couldn't tell much from rt 75. Once we got to Punta Gorda more open, but were sold out, and those that had gas had lines.
Don't know if the situation is worse or better now, the places that had electric had lines if they had gas, or were sold out waiting on a delivery. Places that had no electric, you couldn't tell unless you got off the exit, it was a guessing game. We carried extra fuel in 6 gallon cans, just in case, ended up not needing them. Miles of convoys of line trucks and tree trimming services were riding in the right lane, seriously for miles. So traffic was reduced by a lane in most areas, 2 lane down to one, 3 lane down to 2. It moved, just not fast.
Thanks for responding and info!! 69 views and you were only one to respond

Old 09-15-2017, 08:04 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
I was one of the 69, but I had nothing to offer as I did not evacuate north. I can only tell you that gas is becoming easier to find when you do get here in Cape Coral/Ft Myers. There were long lines but not now.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:33 AM

Auto train had to cancel service for 6 days, so every time I checked they were sold out, I just kept checking and this morning availability on Thurs 09/21. Yes, I grabbed it. I will fill up in VA and I'll be good to go from Sanford to the Cape as far as gas.

Was strange as the superliner bedroom was over 1K, nope not paying that, but family bedroom was 375 so booked that, it was actually $62 less than my original booking I cancelled as I would have been coming right before hurricane. I'm thinking people may be rethinking their vacation plans and there may be more demand for the superliner bedroom.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:54 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Thanks for responding and info!! 69 views and you were only one to respond

You DID want responses from people who had the information first hand, didn't you? Not just those who could only speculate about it.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
You DID want responses from people who had the information first hand, didn't you? Not just those who could only speculate about it.
Yes, but out of those 69 views I'm sure there was at least one who was out and about and maybe have a vague idea

Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I was one of the 69, but I had nothing to offer as I did not evacuate north. I can only tell you that gas is becoming easier to find when you do get here in Cape Coral/Ft Myers. There were long lines but not now.
Thanks Don

Old 09-15-2017, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 713 times
I'm currently living in Gainesville FL, the gas situation is starting to get better. On my way into work today the lines for gas were pretty much gone.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:54 PM

374 posts, read 796,690 times
I look at this site/thread forum everyday, but I am currently in Pittsburgh, so wouldn't be able to contribute. I am just hoping to find out a bit of info pertaining to the area where my condo is located. I have not heard anything from our association as to the status of the buildings. Anyone been through South Ft. Myers along Cypress Lke Drive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area