Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:57 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabeauty822 View Post
No kids, Not going to look for a house for a few years.

My husband will be looking for a job; not sure what field yet. He has been a general manager for 8 years, but is looking for something new. We are low maintenance and I realize it is going to be difficult for him to find a job. Maybe landscaping; construction; something totally different. He'll find something, in the mean time I know I will be his Sugar Momma. I mean he has done that for me for about 6 years. LOL.

So you are thinking we may fit better in Clearwater?
I think you will be OK in either area career wise. Both are loaded with retirees.

A couple points I want to emphasize:

-Florida salaries are almost always lower than up north so recognize your husband will almost certainly take a pay cut no matter what he does. I doubt there are many landscaping and construction jobs around.

-Investigate housing costs closely. Many people are surprised at how little they get for their money down here. That's a general statement, of course, but I would plan a budget on just your salary alone.

Twenty years ago I lived in Tampa but worked in Pinellas County. I loved Tampa. I thought traffic was worse in Pinellas than Tampa. That was a long time ago so maybe someone with more recent info can chime in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 06:26 AM

35 posts, read 144,336 times
There are a lot of great employment opportunities for you. My husband & I moved here 4 years ago. We're a young couple as well. It is tough to meet people our age, but it's not all old people as some might lead you to believe. There are a lot of nice, safe areas to live in Ft. Myers & Cape Coral. The weather is great. Many people complain about the summers, but in all reality they're not much worse than what you would experience in the midwest, for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area