Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 08:20 AM

319 posts, read 611,950 times

Advertisements

This is slightly "On topic"

I come from a large family, most live in NE Florida down from Rochester and Avon NY.

My Uncle Joe, a retired welder now 71 years old, has been having trouble enjoying the summers in the Garden and keeping his 2.5 acres mowed and kept up. To be expected, hes 71.

So I bought him a The Original Cool Vest - Body Cooling Vest Ice Vest - Glacier Tek

its been 2 years now, the vest gave him back his summers.

Full disclosure: I buy these vests for all of our Attic Workers, if you are cleaning out Rodent or Animal debris from an attic that has been left unattended by a snobird, its the best tool in our arsenal for keeping guys safe and productive in 117 degree temperatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 02:54 PM

1,012 posts, read 785,071 times
Up North its cold 6 months out of the year and then for 3-4 months its freezing. You have to worry about going to work in the show,ice,rain etc. There's no events or anything to do because its too cold.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:50 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
And here in Florida it's warm 11 months out of the year and down right hot, humid & miserable for a minimum of 5 months. There's no events or anything to do outdoors because it's too hot unless you're on the water. Keep in mind by August the Gulf water temperature is about 90 degrees so it's not really refreshing and you have to worry about red tide and blue-green algae. Oh and the occasional hurricane.

Lee County was a fabulous place to live - about 30-50 years ago.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:12 AM

43 posts, read 48,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I'm truly happy for you! l love positive posts like this one.
And I enjoy your more positive posts too!

Old 01-30-2020, 05:56 AM

37 posts, read 47,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
Up North its cold 6 months out of the year and then for 3-4 months its freezing. You have to worry about going to work in the show,ice,rain etc. There's no events or anything to do because its too cold.
I so agree, I'm just counting down the years till I can retire in FL. My mother in law slipped multiple times in the winter on the ice and broke arms, legs and had to have hip replacement from the last fall.

She no longer goes out from November till April... That is not going to be me... I will take the heat over 6 months of cold and ice any day...

Old 01-30-2020, 08:17 AM

I've had heat exhaustion twice, once here and once when I was in NC. Even hours after cooling down, my heart was racing like crazy.

I wish I was more heat tolerant because if I was I would enjoy living here a lot more. Right now the weather IMO is perfect: cool mornings & evenings & warm, but not hot, during the day. Too bad we couldn't have this year round. Imagine how crowded it would be then.

I'm truly happy for those who can deal with the heat & humidity and wish I was one of them.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:02 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I went to a Christmas parade in December!

https://www.countryliving.com/life/t...ter-festivals/

Old 01-30-2020, 05:28 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times
Our goal is to snow bird, though I understand why many in Florida wish people would not. We love swfl, but are also considering the east coast, Jupiter area. Each winter here in Upstate, NY gets tougher for us. We do stay active; we ski cross-country and down-hill. But the cold is here from the end of October well into April. Tomorrow morning we will awaken to 14*F. Florida always calls loud and clear to me this time of year. =)

Old 01-31-2020, 08:47 AM

I would love to be able to do that myself. Live here November through the end of April and maybe the NC mountains from May to the end of October. "Up North" calls to me in October when I'm sick of the heat & humidity and I know that it's cooler and the leaves are changing.

Old 01-31-2020, 11:38 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
And here in Florida it's warm 11 months out of the year and down right hot, humid & miserable for a minimum of 5 months. There's no events or anything to do outdoors because it's too hot unless you're on the water.
Normally I would say how ridiculous of a statement that is but let's keep that thought going so we don't get so overcrowded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area