Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 10:12 AM

90 posts, read 182,907 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Myers in January to finish college at FGCU. I am really worried about finding things to do and meeting people.. My dad lives over there, so I am somewhat familiar with the area, but it just doesn't seem to give off a very "young" vibe. I like living in Fort Lauderdale, but its a bit expensive for me right now. Anyway, I was just wondering how FGCU students spend their time, and if they like it in Fort Myers? Also...are there any beaches over there comparable to Fort Lauderdale beach? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 6,322 times
Default Hey Niki

I attend FGCU, and this place is not so bad despite it seeming like there's more of an older population. FGCU is the biggest school here and its packed with students. We have near by the Gulf Coast Shopping Center which is filled with shops and restuarants that a group of students can go and waste time. I actually was there the other night, we went to the movies and then to the ale house till 2am! In the Ale house, it was PACKED of college kids, the college is literally walking distance. We also have the Edison mall and there's the new Coconut Pointe shopping center that will take up all day to see! Once you're here, you will start to socialize and meet people, don't worry about it. I am a mommy to a 5 year old and still found a way to manage a social life all through FGCU - Good luck and maybe I may see you around

Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 PM

66 posts, read 216,750 times
Check out Ft. Myers Beach. Outside of college activities and that, we have a water park, local bars, etc. Of course you'd be here to study, right????

Old 10-23-2008, 04:37 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,918,067 times
at gulf coast town center - millers ale house has $5 pitchers of miller lite everyday and $5 double capt and cokes, so a lot of people go there. plus they have this huge chicken nachos for $9.95 on the appetizer that feeds 3 people. its great. dozens of tv's, etc. you can always find students there.

plus there is blu sushi, fri and sat play great music/beats, its a little small, but gets the job done. bar lui across the pavilion from there that is a little bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area