Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:23 PM

282 posts, read 1,008,735 times

Advertisements

It makes me sick to see how animals are mistreated. I wish there was an underground rescue group that would come and help all these poor animals. I would donate to such a group. There really needs to be better laws about this!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,152 times
My Mother has lived in the same house here in Lehigh for 12-13 years, not one day has she been able to go out on her lanai and enjoy the Florida weather without being bombarded with boomboxes, drums, parties, car stereos or dog kennels all around her. I visit her and I can't stand to stay long because of all the constant noise night and day. She is now in her 80's and on nerve pills to try to cope. The walls and windows of her house actually vibrate from the bass of the neighbors car stereo at all hours of the day and night. I've seen her sit down and cry she was so nervous. The one time she tried to beg a neighbor to keep it down her tires were all flattened by the next day. She won't turn me loose on them because not only is she afraid I'll go to jail, she fears for her safety and her property. I am here now because her husband died and she's afraid of being alone but I have to tell you that I'll probably end up being the one in jail soon because NO exaggeration, there is probably 20 different dogs all around us that bark constantly, IF one stops, another one takes its place. I wouldn't even know where to begin to tell the cops or animal control where they all are. I was told that there is a barking law or whatever it's called but how do you get them to do anything? It's no wonder there are shootings! What can a lawyer do? DESPERATE!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2015, 07:07 PM

42 posts, read 178,668 times
Lee County passed a noise ordinance on September 8, 2014. Constant noise levels during the day can not exceed 65 dsb, and after 10pm the limit is 55 dsb. If the person is violating they will receive a warning, but if the officer must return they will be cited. Google the ordinance and it will give you more information.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:29 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,873,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Coleman View Post
My Mother has lived in the same house here in Lehigh for 12-13 years, not one day has she been able to go out on her lanai and enjoy the Florida weather without being bombarded with boomboxes, drums, parties, car stereos or dog kennels all around her. I visit her and I can't stand to stay long because of all the constant noise night and day. She is now in her 80's and on nerve pills to try to cope. The walls and windows of her house actually vibrate from the bass of the neighbors car stereo at all hours of the day and night. I've seen her sit down and cry she was so nervous. The one time she tried to beg a neighbor to keep it down her tires were all flattened by the next day. She won't turn me loose on them because not only is she afraid I'll go to jail, she fears for her safety and her property. I am here now because her husband died and she's afraid of being alone but I have to tell you that I'll probably end up being the one in jail soon because NO exaggeration, there is probably 20 different dogs all around us that bark constantly, IF one stops, another one takes its place. I wouldn't even know where to begin to tell the cops or animal control where they all are. I was told that there is a barking law or whatever it's called but how do you get them to do anything? It's no wonder there are shootings! What can a lawyer do? DESPERATE!!!!!!
I would do whatever you can to get your mom out of there.Nothing will change the low lifes with the boom boxes and pit bulls.Sell or rent the house and then rent somewhere that's a little more peacefull so your mom can enjoy her remaining years.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:06 PM

390 posts, read 635,043 times
I'm afraid samiam's advice is the only realistic solution. Ordinances aren't helpful when it comes to the possibility of someone retaliating against someone who tries to get them enforced.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,557 times
This people really don't follow up when they take loose dogs away. They are supposed to fine the owner of loose dogs but they actually don't. They just want you to do their job because after you complain they want you to make a sworn statement to take the dog's owner to court and if that person is your neighbor your life actually is in danger. I mean you complain anonymously and after that they want to know who you are. I mean you're giving them information about the owner's dog but it seems like they actually want the dog's owner to kill you. That's why when things like this happen no one wants to cooperate since authorities are just putting people's live at risk.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:55 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,430,572 times
Time to bug out for your mom’s sake. Sell the home, even at a loss , if possible so you can both stay away from that area. If it wont sell let the bank deal with it.

Good luck.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:58 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Time to bug out for your mom’s sake. Sell the home, even at a loss , if possible so you can both stay away from that area. If it wont sell let the bank deal with it.

Good luck.
This.
Life is too short.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:21 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I realize this thread was started 10 years ago but since then Lee County has passed an anti-tethering law. People can't just leave their dogs chained up in the back yard. If everybody reported these people maybe it would cut down on the ignorant people who do this. Besides being cruel and neglectful because animals are pack animals, it makes many dogs aggressive when they are tied up outside 24/7. I really will never understand why these kind of people bother getting a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area