Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM

63 posts, read 132,466 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

Any thoughts on this article?

Signs of life emerging in housing sector - Real estate- msnbc.com

Patrick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 12:34 PM

12 posts, read 33,361 times
These stories are true, and they're popping up all over. As I said in a previous post...now's the time.

Look at this link regarding Cape Coral: Florida Real Estate Dreams Come True

Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 PM

72 posts, read 224,591 times
My home is for sale. I had a man offer me a price and I did not accept. He came back with another offer...$20,000.00 more.. I accepted.. Closing is to be within 30 days..

Old 04-07-2009, 01:56 PM

376 posts, read 1,809,681 times
Yes, it's true, lots of closings going on now, BUT from what I'm seeing it's mostly cash deals on messy foreclosures and the prices on properties are so low that many buyers are willing to buy out the 2nd mortgage holders (even tho they don't have to usually - they do it just to clear title fast). NOT seeing a lot of purchase money mortgages.

Oh and it's not just Cape Coral, Ft. Myers and Naples too.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
I have been seeing a lot of starter homes being purchased. People are still looking for a deal, but they like the up to $8,000 for first time buyers and the low interest. Most of the starter homes would be cheaper than renting now.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:16 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,093,244 times
I bought a home in november and just closed on a piece of land last week , my feeling was that the hardest hit areas- arizona,nevada, florida , and cali were also the ones that saw the biggest booms because they were desirable places to live (at least climate wise) I also figured the aging population was going to again find these places desirable when all the dust settled. I figured the bottom would be in place when volume of sales picked up and cape coral has had 7 months of double digit volume yr over year. That told me that if people were willing to buy then prices no longer needed to drop once inventory levels decreased, which they did and february was the first month that had an increase in median home price, hopefully the start of a new trend. I also took into consideration with no new homes being built that inventory would eventually be eaten up. overall I don't think you will find another opportunity to own a florida retirement home, 1st time home purchase, or a 2nd home at these prices again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area