Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 AM

173 posts, read 680,859 times

Advertisements

Looking for...

Type of city (Overall)
  • Has to be in the southern part of Florida, be it east or west (Need that "Tropical atmosphere" type feel).
  • Slower-paced life
  • Residential but not real boring
  • Safety/low crime rate (meaning not too many bad pockets within the city to watch out for or feel threatened by).
  • Not over-crowded
  • Not over-developed like how most Southeast Florida cities are. Not too old looking, plain, cookie cutter, or run-down either.
  • Proximity to the beach but doesn't necessariliy have to be waterfront.
  • Very lush and tropical.
  • Paradise-style beaches with nice sand, sultry breath-taking sunsets, lush tropical trees shading the areas.
  • Not homogeneous
  • Not over-run by older people or snowbirds (Think Boca Raton). I'm not into a bunch of hype and trouble but do need some social-life while I'm still young.
  • Good schools (I have no kids yet and maybe not for a few yrs, but whenever I do have one, I want the child to be able to go to a good local school).
  • A good bit of things to do within the city or at least without having to go too far out of city limits just to have some fun.

Type of neighborhood to live in
  • Safe
  • Suburban
  • Laid-back and Peaceful but not in an "out in the boondocks" sort of way
  • Tropical looking and trees shading the streets
  • Not looking for upscale or very manicured, but not bland or run-down either, and definitely NOT cookie cutter. Just a modest working class type of neighborhood to dwell within.
  • Not in a potential flood zone

Price range of home
Below $130-120k. Will most likely be renting an apartment or something first though, but just wanted to know if you can find homes within that price range in the cities mentioned.

Choices of cities...
Bonita Springs, North Naples, Estero, Jupiter

Does any of those 3 cities match my criteria? Well............I'm pretty sure all 3 match at least most of the criteria or else I wouldn't have them lined up here, but which one matches the most is the better question?

Thanks

Last edited by rickyd; 05-14-2009 at 09:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 PM

151 posts, read 713,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclown View Post
In fact the whole east coast of Florida sucks, so just move to the gulf.
I keep going back and forth on this. Do you mean, too built up on east coast and concrete jungle?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:27 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyd View Post

Does any of those 3 cities match my criteria? Well............I'm pretty sure all 3 match at least most of the criteria or else I wouldn't have them lined up here, but which one matches the most is the better question?

Thanks
No, not at all. You are describing a Hollywood movie.

I edited the rest of my post, since I just realized the OP asked the question in May. I was looking at the 2 comments posted yesterday.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-27-2009 at 02:50 AM..

Old 10-27-2009, 08:46 PM

206 posts, read 449,633 times
I think you are looking for someplace in the caribean, costa rica or Hawaii.

Maybe Tahiti too. Have you ever been to Florida?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area