Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM

376 posts, read 1,809,681 times

Advertisements

It is between Davis & Estey Ave, close to Airport Road. ?If you are sending a 10th grader there, I would assume you are a naples resident? No kids, so no information on quality of education there. Estey ave near where the school is -- not very nice, improves down the road, but this school sits back quite far from Estey. Davis near where the school is -- middle/working class condos -- lots of retirees -- haven't heard of any problems.

I do know they have an alternative school there for the high school kids that have been problematic or kicked out of other local high schools that hasn't been too successful -- probably shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, I think it was one of the ones that got a "D" this year -- again, check more closely on Collier Schools website. As far as the vocational programs, sorry, no info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 05:39 PM

89 posts, read 280,695 times
Default My Time Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimenow View Post
It is between Davis & Estey Ave, close to Airport Road. ?If you are sending a 10th grader there, I would assume you are a naples resident? No kids, so no information on quality of education there. Estey ave near where the school is -- not very nice, improves down the road, but this school sits back quite far from Estey. Davis near where the school is -- middle/working class condos -- lots of retirees -- haven't heard of any problems.

I do know they have an alternative school there for the high school kids that have been problematic or kicked out of other local high schools that hasn't been too successful -- probably shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, I think it was one of the ones that got a "D" this year -- again, check more closely on Collier Schools website. As far as the vocational programs, sorry, no info.

Thanks for the info

Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 AM

340 posts, read 1,046,534 times
It's not in the best part of town, but it's a quiet area and has been home to me for the past 10 years, THe homes in that area are generally safe, crime free and are priced ( and taxed ) much lower than in North Naples. You could probably find a rental in Queens Park or a Condo to rent near the school off of Davis Blvd.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,051 times
My daughter goes to the high school portion and the first 2 years they do almost all AP and advanced classes and then the last 2 years they do 1/2 AP and 1/2 what they are interested in. My daughter is doing the culinary program. So when they finish the 4 years they could go into college or into a trade..they meet the same requirements as a regular high school.. They area of the school is a fairly good area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area