Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 AM

208 posts, read 612,427 times

Advertisements

Do not attempt to go to the beach on a holiday, during snow bird season, when it is 80 degrees outside!

I think every person that lives here,visiting here, or just passing through, wanted to do the same thing. Every parking lot was full, police wouldn't let you near the beaches. Tried from Bonita Beach all the way down to Marco. Everything was filled. I guess we should have left before sunrise!!!

Oh well, living here gives me the option to go whenever the weather is nice. Lucky me! I will sit in the sun on my beach chair, on my pool, eating my Florida grown strawberries in the sunshine! I am blessed to be living here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 12:44 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,860,499 times
you learned that one the hard way LOL... it is a disaster, on mondays, at 10am, thankfully I don't have to cross the bridge for work

Old 01-01-2010, 07:20 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
We learned our lesson long ago.....we get there by 8am and then leave around 1 or 2 pm.....or we get there around 1or 2 pm as some people are leaving (always just a short wait for parking) then enjoy the afternoon sun and catch an early dinner.Life is good.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:29 AM

160 posts, read 499,058 times
Really South Marco was fine if I'm remembering the right day? I imagine that Fort Myers and Naples Pier were packed.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM

208 posts, read 612,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian of The Gulf View Post
Really South Marco was fine if I'm remembering the right day? I imagine that Fort Myers and Naples Pier were packed.
I guess we missed that spot! It was really packed everywhere we went.
Next New Years Eve, we will stay at home and just enjoy the pool with friends. I hate the beach when it is full. I just can't believe there were so many people...

Old 01-03-2010, 01:43 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,284,816 times
why where things so busy?

is that normal for the holiday break?

was it the first warm day on a weekend for a while?

is the tourist/snowbird season coming back to normal?

Old 01-04-2010, 04:28 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,093,244 times
I learned the same lesson on the wed before new years we went to 3 beaches all lots where full, and when we left it took us two hours to get home with all the traffic......

but it was a beautiful day and we didn't have any place we had to be. The positive side was we were crawling at a snails pace the entire length of sanibel island and got to look at every shop along the road that we have never noticed due to having to watch out for bikers and pedestrians everywhere.

I went up to busch gardens earlier in the week and it was jam packed also. I was only down from christmas to new years but it was by far the busiest I've seen it over the last 2 yrs.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:44 PM

376 posts, read 911,027 times
the beaches and streets are packed on Sanibel, no doubt about it... restaurants & stores? not so busy ~ heard a theory the other day that the people coming to Sanibel now are not tourists of the recent past. They have rented a condo on the cheap, perhaps they know someone who knows someone, that kinda thing.

Anyway, they are not buying Sanibel t-shirts, going on dolphin cruises or eating out many meals.... they are doing vacay on the cheap... so the stores have lookers, not buyers. The golf courses are not busy. The restaurants have empty tables etc etc etc.

The employees here on the island are talking about slow sales and long long days with very few customers.

Just a theory, of course.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:30 AM

17 posts, read 63,248 times
Going to Beach ??? This is what i do . Get there around 7:30 am and leave around noon or whenever you want. Take food etc. I go during the week, say Tuesday through Friday

Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolbizz View Post
Going to Beach ??? This is what i do . Get there around 7:30 am and leave around noon or whenever you want. Take food etc. I go during the week, say Tuesday through Friday
Although I rarely go to the beach any more, I used to work Wed-Sun and went to the beach on Monday morning. It's usually not crowded at that time because people are either back to work or recovering from the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
why where things so busy?
That's like asking "why are there so many shoppers?" on Black Friday!

Wait until Spring Break on Fort Myers Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area