Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,551 times

Advertisements

Hello.
My name is Bruno, I'm from Argentina. I'm going to Fort Wayne Indiana on Spring Semester to study at Ivy Tech Community College. I choose to study in Fort Wayne Indiana because I've seen some photos and videos and liked the place. And because my favorite american football team is the Indianapolis Colts.
Before I get there, I'd like to know what's studying and living there like? Can you tell me something about Fort Wayne and Inidana?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 06:37 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Have you ever been to the US? Indiana is in the region known as the Midwest. It's very flat for the most part and full of small towns and corn or soybean fields, though you may be out of here just as the planting season starts next spring. Fort Wayne is a decent town of about 250,000 people. Do you know where you will be living yet? Ivy Tech in Fort Wayne is right across the street from IPFW, a branch of Indiana University and Purdue University. It's on the north side of town and very close to the Glenbrook area with lots of shopping and restaurants. Really the whole north side of town is filled with shops and restaurants. I lived for a couple years in Canterbury Green apartments while I went to school. They are nice, especially on the southside of the property. The north side is right next to Pieres which is a huge nightclub complex. If you like partying, clubbing, dancing, live rock music, you might enjoy that place. There's also a Snickerz comedy club there as well. Traffic on the north side can get pretty heavy at times, especially as you get toward the mall. It will be cold, especially at the beginning since it will be winter here when you arrive. Average highs for January and February would be in the 32-45 degree range Fahrenheit (0-7 degrees Celsius) with lows in the 20-30 degree range (-6 to -1 Celsius) but colder is certainly possible. There will be occasional snowstorms but anything that would close most places would be extremely rare. As it gets into March and April the weather will get warmer but you'll likely be gone before it gets very hot. I honestly have no idea what kind of weather you are used to in Argentina.

Hope this helps a little. What kind of things do you like to do? That could help point to things you should checked out while you're here.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
Default Ivy Tech Community College Fort Wayne, Indiana

Hello Bruno -

We are excited about your interest in Ivy Tech Community College. We offer a wide range of academic programs and opporutnities for students. Ivy Tech is located right next to IPFW (Indiana University, Purdue University Fort Wayne). Our students are eligible to live in IPFW student housing. There are also several great apartment locations next to campus that cater to students including St. Joe Place and the Grove. I would be happy to talk to you more about Ivy Tech and options we have. We have around 10,000 students here at the Fort Wayne campus, but your classes are smaller. Typically class sizes range from 15-22 students. We have wonderful instructors who are available to students. We also are very application oriented. Classes provide real world learning experiences for students. We also are the most affordable college in Indiana. If you would like to find out more information, feel free to email me directly at [EMAIL="jspurlock4@ivytech.edu"]jspurlock4@ivytech.edu[/EMAIL].

Thank you!

Jennifer
Assistant Director of Admissions at Ivy Tech Community College Northeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosilva21 View Post
Hello.
My name is Bruno, I'm from Argentina. I'm going to Fort Wayne Indiana on Spring Semester to study at Ivy Tech Community College. I choose to study in Fort Wayne Indiana because I've seen some photos and videos and liked the place. And because my favorite american football team is the Indianapolis Colts.
Before I get there, I'd like to know what's studying and living there like? Can you tell me something about Fort Wayne and Inidana?

Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Fort Wayne