Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:11 PM

142 posts, read 413,588 times

Advertisements

I am planning a day at the Stockyards in October when the family flys in.
We have never been either so it will be an adventure for all....
Where is the best place to park. Would like to find a place middle ways if that is possible. We have some elderly folks who are still pretty mobile but it will help if we are central instead of wayyy off in once direction. We will be driving a 4x4 diesel truck so we don't need no mickey mouse parking deck....Been there and done that..That's like trying to shove a boot up a mules.......ehhhhhhh anyway... You see what I saying....
Thanks for any help......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 04:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
I would think someone who drives a 4x4 diesel won't have any trouble shovin' a boot up a mule

Old 07-30-2007, 04:24 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
There is free parking at the end of E. Exchange Ave. The lot is pretty good sized. You shouldn't have an issue parking a crew cab dually down there. I didn't have any problems parking my Suburban down there.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:25 PM

1,379 posts, read 6,427,044 times
Here is the link if you don't have it yet - Fort Worth Stockyards

There is a good parking garage right across from Riscky's BBQ on left hand side down the ways from the Cowboy Collesium http://www.cowtowncoliseum.com/

You shouldn't have a problem with parking, I doubt you would be the only 4x4 diesel .

Old 08-02-2007, 04:11 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,763,091 times
Are Sundays a good time to go? My mom will be visiting and thought we would head over there on a Sunday afternoon, watch the longhorn parade at 4 and then go to Joe T's for dinner.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:33 PM

458 posts, read 2,775,650 times
The longhorn parade is pretty neat. You obviously have to stay on the sidewalk but you can still get very close to them and it's a pretty neat experience.

I have wondered if anyone has ever been injured by an out of control bull or anything during the parades? They seem very calm and all but I literally had longhorns within a couple of feet from me and while I wasn't really scared or anything it just made me a little nervous lol.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
RES

34 posts, read 154,249 times
No, it's safe. You can park for free but it's outside in a gravel lot. I even saw an RV parked in it last week. If any of your family have wheelchairs, beware of the rough areas where the train tracks and stuff are. It is tough with a stroller. There are rodeos Fri/Sat nights, a train that goes to Grapevine too. The cows walk in the street at 1130am and 4pm. My Dad just visited from PA and he could have stayed all day. He loved it!

Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,499 times
Oh yeah....!
I visited Stockyard district on the first days of August and...wow..it 's fantastic!!!

I have a great memoirs

Have a fantastic days in Stockyard!

PS: Stonehouse B&B is very nice and...characteristic! Welcome to the Stonehouse Bed & Breakfast!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:31 PM

62 posts, read 287,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Are Sundays a good time to go? My mom will be visiting and thought we would head over there on a Sunday afternoon, watch the longhorn parade at 4 and then go to Joe T's for dinner.
Joe T's ?

Way over rated. There are actually better Mexican food places down there, just pick anyone of them. Los Vaqueros comes to mind, across from Billy Bobs. There's a fudge shop on the same block as the Cadillac, make sure to hit that. Maybe the best fudge ever made.

Too bad Leta's isn't still there, what a character she was. You can have your burger cooked anyway she wanted it cooked.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
I was not impressed with Joe T's either. It's supposedly THE place to go and nearly everyone in FTW will tell you, "Oh you gotta hit Joe T's" but....ah....I guess I just don't get it.

I'd just assume go to Uncle Julio's. But that's just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
View detailed profiles of: