Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 08:18 PM

24 posts, read 37,797 times

Advertisements

Last week I posted in the Dallas Forum that we were thinking about making an offer on a home in FM...DH came home to Mi for Easter and our realtor was waiting for him to get back Monday to show him a home in Keller...It's a foreclosure in Saddlebrook? The bank accepted our offer.. Anyone familiar with that area? Anyway..where I am going with this..my realtor sent me over a list of inspectors..but I wondered if anyone had any advice about chosing a inspector for a foreclosure inspection..Thank you in advance as always =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Saddlebrook is tract development done by local DFW developer==Murchison Development--they built some of the homes and other local builders did too--one I saw on TAD.org info was Engle Homes--they also build as Newmark
Avery Edwards apparently was involved in building that development from this website
Saddlebrook Estates (http://www.averyedwards.com/pages/saddlebrook.html - broken link)

You can check the TAD data --looks like very few homes have gone into foreclosure in the past--which is good and probably half neighborhood is still original owners--and I think that is good sign as well after 10 yrs

Georeference List

I have been in some Murchison homes built in different neighborhood in Keller
quality varies--alot depended on who the construction foreman was for the subdivision--

and since this is foreclosure you will want an inspector that is good and knows about construction and issues like foundation--
try to find one that is qualified engineer--not just someone who got certified to inspect homes--there is difference

someone on the Dallas board is an inspector--
you might go to that side and just do search for home inspectors--
those guys go all over the Metroplex--and it is worth paying a little more to get a qualified inspector who can actually open up your HVAC and check the system vs just running it to see if it throws cold air (which is what OURS did)...

this is the neighborhood website
Saddlebrook Estates. A residential community in Keller, Texas
and apparently some women there have started a Meetup group--which is probably good way to get to know neighbors
Saddlebrook Ladies (Keller, TX) - Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/Saddlebrook-Ladies/ - broken link)

Schools should be ok--but Keller is taking a hit with reduced funding from the state--trying not to lay off very many teachers--likely to have bigger classes next year--might start reading the FTW paper online and search for Keller ISD

Keller Parkway is busy street--1709-- that goes EAST to Southlake--probably 15 min to Southlake Town Center depending on traffic/time and it goes west to 377 and then I-35--little longer

That is nice area of Keller for location/accessibility
close to Keller Swimming center--The Pointe--and Sky Creek Ranch golf course to the south
subdivision is right across from Keller Town Center--Tom Thumb grocery is right there
there is good plant nursery east on 1709 south on Pearson called Flower Ranch
there was a good Italian restaurant in the Tom Thumb center but it closed more than year ago
There is Mexican restaurant close by--called Kassandra's--in strip mall and does not look like much from outside-- but get good reviews on Urban Spoon--have not eaten there myself

If house does not have a pool and you wanted one-- Klapprodt on Main St has gotten lots of awards--do some showy pools--and Claffey in Southlake is well regarded but expensive

that area is just pretty plain--no trees--no change in elevation--there are other parts of Keller that look more like TX to me--around there was likely pasture and/or cotton fields before they started building houses--
don't know if there are any gas wells drilling in the area--there is open land on satellite shots--
your husband should ask the realtor that--she would know I am sure

Old 05-01-2011, 01:44 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
Saddlebrook is a nice subdivison, it's off of Keller smithfield.
Has an excellent school pyramid Elem..?, Bear Creek Int. Keller MS and Keller HS.
It's a smaller subdivision so I don't believe it has any amenties (pool,playground etc...)

For inspectors...make sure to check for foundation issues, termites, roof (we had a BAD hail storm 2 years ago and lots of rooves had damage) Run the sprinkler system to make sure it is in good working order, ANY inspector should check ofr all these.
Since it is in forclosure I would do a real good self inspection as well...people in forclosure will let general maintence slide. A?C filters, toilets, H2O heater all sinks etc...

Old 05-01-2011, 03:03 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
Because it is a foreclosure you are most likely getting a good price on it. Of course you should get a thorough inspection so you understand the condition of the property. But don't expect it to be up to the same standard as a house being sold by owners. There may be a lot of updating and deferred maintenance on the property. That is part of the game when you buy a foreclosure. Replacing a couple of hot water heaters is not that expensive, termite treatment is not that expensive unless there is structural termite damage. Roof may or may not be expensive to repair. Same with HVAC system. Thing is all except updating are immediate. So calc the tab and make sure that -- after updates -- your total cost will not be the same as a house that is updated and shipshape. If its not a killer deal, you'll have a chance to get out during the option period.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth