Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 09:09 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times

Advertisements

High demand rental area is in zip code 76109, the "TCU" area. Here's a couple of properties that students might lease. Students do not take good care of properties, in general, so rehabbing could be very basic.

This one backs up to railroad tracks:
3925 Winfield Ave Fort Worth TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #11660874 - Realtor.com®

This one is about a block north of the RR tracks; this is a seedy neighborhood; very ethnically diverse but still a student destination. I am very familiar with it; properties that are vacant get vandalized.
4052 Winfield Ave Fort Worth TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #11631383 - Realtor.com®

This is the closest to what you asked about. High demand/safe area. But, its kind of ugly and only a single bedroom. These condo have pretty high HOA fees, if I recall so the rent (about $750) you might get wouldn't be a great return after your HOA fees. One bedrooms are also harder to lease out. But as a long distance landlord, owning in a condo community is easier.
4349 Bellaire Dr S Unit: 130s Fort Worth TX - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - MLS #11665314 - Realtor.com®

I don't like to question people's motives. However, as a local investor, I am wondering how well you have considered your plan to be long distance and at the mercy of scam artists when the property needs repair or maintenance. Also wondering how you will achieve property monitoring and tenant recruitment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 11:14 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Hi have a freshman attending TCU. I'm surprised the values drop so much so close to the school. I'd only cruised the neighborhoods off Berry, just south and north of the school, which are priced much higher. What happens in those few blocks further south that creates such a price differential?

Steve

Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 AM

119 posts, read 215,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
What happens in those few blocks further south that creates such a price differential?
Students and student rentals.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:29 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,049,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunebloc View Post
Students and student rentals.
I'll have to drive through next time I'm up there. If it's just "student" stuff, that's not really scary. If it's low end riff-raff, high crime, that's another story.

I would think most TCU students would be a "notch above" big "State College" students because of the selectivity of the school and the tuition amount being paid by the parents, but I guess kids are guess and even the smart ones are capable of being dumb and stupid when it comes to renting and drinking.

Steve

Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
kids/parents with more money might also choose other areas to rent in--or buy home and use for duration--

find a crime map online

Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM

690 posts, read 1,728,588 times
Did someone ask for a crime spotter...

Dallas Crime spotter:
Dallas, TX Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Dallas - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here
Fort worth crime map:
Crime Information | Fort Worth, Texas, Police Department

National crime mapper:
CrimeMapping.com - National Map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth